Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric bike developments
22 February 2016, 11:50,
Electric bike developments
NO I am NOT suggesting urban preppers go out and buy this new leccy bike, I just want to highlight the developments in this technology.

Urban preppers especially NEED self contained, compact, easy to store, easy to use transport for when TSHTF, and Electric bikes are going further and further towards meeting those needs with each new development.

In time E bikes will continue to become better AND CHEAPER, and I for one think a SILENT bike will be ideal for getting around large towns and cities or for bugging out if things get to bad in town.

This bike has no chain to oil or snap, its not going to tear the bottom off your pants, its got a range at the moment of between 20 and 40 miles, thats enough to get you out of Dodge, it can do up to 30 KPH ( over 20 MPH) and it gets up to speed quickly.

I dont think it will be to long before we see reliable chainless leccy bikes that WILL do 25MPH and have a range of 40 miles with rider and BOB, that will be able to recharge from portable Solar panels ( taken with you) and get under £500. Then they will become serious contenders for practical devices for Urban preppers. But until then the popularity of small capacity 4 stroke single cyl scooters will remain the best option for urban preppers needing nippy, compact reliable wheels.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...uture.html

22 February 2016, 12:11,
RE: Electric bike developments
Electric pedal bikes in this country are limited to a maximum of 15MPH, but you can get around that (as a friend of mine has) by purchasing your bike direct from Germany where they are limited to a maximum of 30MPH.

But either way I think NR will like this one:

https://www.eta.co.uk/2013/01/30/50mph-e...commuting/
22 February 2016, 12:17,
RE: Electric bike developments
Thats a wicked looking bike Dev, I think that would be better suited to Rural preppers than Urban. You make a good point about speed limiting, which ever bike a prepper buys today he or she needs to know its very simple to derestrict if TSHTF,