Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Food in SHTF
16 January 2012, 13:27,
RE: Urban Food in SHTF
(16 January 2012, 13:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: Mmmmm Buffalo testicles Smile

I've eaten buffalo, not the testicles though. It was a buffalo burger in Death Valley on a holiday with my parents. It was the juciest tastiest burger I have EVER eaten!!!
16 January 2012, 13:34,
(16 January 2012, 13:27)Scythe13 Wrote:
(16 January 2012, 13:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: Mmmmm Buffalo testicles Smile

I've eaten buffalo, not the testicles though. It was a buffalo burger in Death Valley on a holiday with my parents. It was the juciest tastiest burger I have EVER eaten!!!

We eat Buffalo burgers most weeks cos we have a fluffabo farm only 2 miles away, lovely and lean., the Wilderness Gathering is also held on a fluffabo farm so you can get meat there as well.

16 January 2012, 13:43,
That's some hardcore shit there mate!!!! how do you keep the Buffallo occupied whilst you lop it's balls off
16 January 2012, 13:44,
(16 January 2012, 13:43)Tartar Horde Wrote: That's some hardcore shit there mate!!!! how do you keep the Buffallo occupied whilst you lop it's balls off

Get someone from Bristol to flirt with it Big GrinBig GrinCool

16 January 2012, 13:54,
Squirrells-very nice but ya need a few for a feed, Elvis used to eat em don't ya know!!
Wood pigeon/Doves- Yummy, roast, fried all good
Frogs- surprisingly good, they do taste like chicken lol
sparrows/starlings/blackbirds etc-all good (four and twenty blackbirds and all that)
16 January 2012, 14:28,
On my list of unusual things eaten so far... Horse, Frogs, guinea pig, snake, iguana, shark, lama, snails, ostrich, kangaroo, possum, Dog, Buffallo, Spider (nearly vommed with this one but managed to keep it down) I'm sure I've missed a few, ate some really odd meat of unknown origin once when travelling through Colombia (street food).

If it has ever had a pulse I'd eat it.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

16 January 2012, 14:33,
i'm quite partial to roadkill!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 14:35,
(16 January 2012, 14:28)Reality Jones Wrote: On my list of unusual things eaten so far... Horse, Frogs, guinea pig, snake, iguana, shark, lama, snails, ostrich, kangaroo, possum, Dog, Buffallo, Spider (nearly vommed with this one but managed to keep it down) I'm sure I've missed a few, ate some really odd meat of unknown origin once when travelling through Colombia (street food).

But what did it taste like!! and how was it cooked, tell us your favourite

16 January 2012, 14:40,
Most things cook beautifully over an ember bed!

Give me a BBQ and I'll cook you a masterpiece. Give me an oven and I'll give you food poisoning! haha
16 January 2012, 14:41,
(16 January 2012, 14:35)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(16 January 2012, 14:28)Reality Jones Wrote: On my list of unusual things eaten so far... Horse, Frogs, guinea pig, snake, iguana, shark, lama, snails, ostrich, kangaroo, possum, Dog, Buffallo, Spider (nearly vommed with this one but managed to keep it down) I'm sure I've missed a few, ate some really odd meat of unknown origin once when travelling through Colombia (street food).

But what did it taste like!! and how was it cooked, tell us your favourite

I enjoyed the Iguana most, I was staying in a nature reserve in South America and there was this guy who couldn't give a sh#t about the wildlife. One day I saw him chase this massive lizard out of the jungle and hit it with a stick. An hour later he had it on a spit, cooking it on a home made fire. I knew I'd never get the chance to try it again so I asked him If I could join him, He accepted my offer of a swap (Rum for food) and I tucked in. It was like eating giant frog legs to be honest. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it .
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.