Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello folks
8 March 2016, 16:26,
hello folks
hi there i was looking to see what uk orientated sites on these subjects were in existence and which seemed well informed ,sensible and friendly.

this site seemed to meet the criteria .

a few things about me :
i like off grid and can be very comfortable in a variety of settings.
learning ,practice and whenever possible using knowledge and skills for real by choice is the best way to know how to deal with "difficult " situations that are forced upon one by circumstances.
people skills(and i use that term very broadly) are as important as practical skills in any "difficult"situation.

im a bit older than some but a bit younger than others , i have been learning about this stuff for a bit over half a century which is enough time to know i have a lot to learn (and perhaps a few useful things to share).

ps i rather like good food and my idea of "survival" rations is home reared,home cured,oak smoked ,5 yr old mangalitza ham, mutton pemmican ,a lot of grain and a barrel of beer ,a few bits of veg gardening/forage and a small herd of cows on the hoof rather than a slab of bargain beans from lidl or a box of mre's but i know the value of such items in food caches when appropriate.
should my first choice be unavailable when required im up for eating almost anything and can forage fish and hunt with a level of incompetence which might keep me and a few others from starving .

enough about me im off to have a poke about on the site and see what i find
8 March 2016, 17:10,
RE: hello folks
Off Grid is the new prepping which was the new survivalism Smile I think most of us on these forums harbour a desire to get as off grid and become as self reliant as possible, from the idle rich like Skean Dhude with his new bought land to the single urban prepper growing food in tubs in a back yard in Ealing. Every bit helps................so welcome.

8 March 2016, 17:52,
Hello and welcome
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 March 2016, 18:04,
Hello dpack .....only known you 5 seconds and i am hungry already ! welcome !
8 March 2016, 19:56,
Hello and Welcome. I've already seen some of the comments on the other threads. Nice to see someone has been thinking about this for a while.

Enjoy your browsing and don't forget there are other sites in the SUK suite.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 March 2016, 19:59,
I look forward to reading of your experiences. There are Mangalitza weeners for sale locally, I'm thinking of raising a couple over the Summer.
8 March 2016, 21:16,
Hello and welcome
8 March 2016, 21:55,
Hi from Norfolk, and welcome to the Forum.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 March 2016, 22:20,
Hi from North Lincs
8 March 2016, 23:21,
(8 March 2016, 19:59)Steve Wrote: I look forward to reading of your experiences. There are Mangalitza weeners for sale locally, I'm thinking of raising a couple over the Summer.

they are delicious but can be a bit bitey until you make friends with them,apples eggs and suchlike along with kind words and actions such as ear scratching seemed to help

dont turn your back on em even when they seem tame.