Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
10 March 2016, 11:52,
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
bring back the old days! maybe post SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2016, 12:17,
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
Things were simpler then. Yes they sure were SD......and that's exactly where i am heading, a simple sustainable none complicated way of life....i feel a bit of a cheat in some respects because i am coming up to retirement anyway, just imagine if i had done this earlier in my life ...after all i did have the foresight too ...life keeps getting in the way ..but ultimately the only thing that stops anyone doing anything is commitment to what you really want out of life , simple as that, all the excuses for not doing, is your own fault ....the truth is as i have found out , you do not NEED a lot to live a real good life, to eat well you simply grow it yourself , you can WORK simply for yourself, ask Steve what his pork tastes like ? when i kept some a few years back .....it was the best i have ever tasted but YOU will not get it !! because you do not do it , even if you had room to do so .....you think its a lot of work for no return....YOU ARE WRONG believe me ! there again its easy for me to talk , especially if you are young have kids and a mortgage hanging around your neck (how can i get there SS show me how ,i am all ears ) well to start off with (young man) try renting an allotments start working that, a bit of ground run some chickens....short answers ...the big question is what is your dream what's your ultimate goal , instead of looking for excuses of why this just not possible and give a multitude of reasons why not............Try getting off your arse and making it happen FOR YOU.....force it,just get on and do it ...if you want it bad enough....it will come to you....in my case years ago it was money i wanted lots of it....started off slow but built up...then got even more greedy and ran up a 100 grand overdraft then up the mountain wondering how the fuck i got here and worrying how i was going to get out of this mess......then the kaboom moment...the idea....drawing board ...factory floor... its amazing the thought of losing your home and everything else does for your tunnel vision.....lots of hard work ...within eighteen months i had a slush fund account with £380,000 in it . not including the biz account.....Fucking hell SS what you doing on here boyo ? that's for another time folks, but money no longer is the reason i get up in the morning,the sad fact is we all need some of this paper and ink belief system shit to just exist .....i intend not to rely on it as much as possible....to complete my fall from plenty to a meaningful life and happy existence.

Over my lifetime i have had a lot of people say " you have had good luck" which is a total load of bollocks....i have had a lot of hard work and hard labour is in Fact the honest truth....hard work never ever bothered me...the same ethic i put in to my preps and my survival .