Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Diveway Alarm
21 March 2016, 19:15,
Wireless Diveway Alarm
Popped into Aldi's today , picked up a wireless driveway alarm for £12.99 ...you get a Pir motion sensor and a receiver unit ....powered by AA and AAA batteries three of each ( comes with the pack ).
Very handy for a blind spot in and around your ground....range is 120 mtrs , in the garage or an out building , plenty of uses....pre warned is pre armed ,could be a very useful bit of kit...check it out folks.
21 March 2016, 19:40,
RE: Wireless Diveway Alarm
Tar muchly
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 March 2016, 23:32,
Good find SS

120m range is pretty good for that sort of device.

Is the remote sensor waterproofed?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 March 2016, 07:45,
It states outdoor sensor LS , and looks up to the job....i would prolly disguise it in some way, the detection array arc is 40 degs..the siren has two settings 90/115 db....do you want one boyo ?
22 March 2016, 09:30,
I've got a set of "personal" alarms for much the same reason.
bought for £ each in budget shop, batteries extra. set up a sort of trip wire thingy, they trip over the wire which pulls the pin out and off goes the alarm, or set it up on a garage or workshop door, when they open the door the alarm goes off.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 March 2016, 09:41,
It should be a good early warning system for you SS

We already have remote sensors that can be deployed as and where needed. These are wireless indoor PIR detectors that I've ruggedized. They are programmed onto individual circuits on the main burglar alarm, and those circuits are currently set as chime zones...meaning that when activated the alarm is not triggered but a low volume "bong" is chimed, along with an activated zone LED illumination to tell me where the activity is taking place.

We also have this facility on the CCTV system that will chime every time there is movement detected on the monitored area. This has had to be deactivated as it was driving us mad with chimes going off all night, triggered by assorted flies, moths and spiders that seem to be attracted to the night vision illumination:-(

The extended burglar alarm does not suffer with the false alerts of the CCTV system as it detects much larger targets, but be mindful that the neighbourhood cats, foxes and other wildlife will likely cause you some false alarms.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 March 2016, 10:57,
When i get on with the new build....i intend to have a system just like yours LS......this bit of kit from Aldie's in my view can be deployed and changed to multiple positions in a changing environment ...you could even take it with you...set up a perimeter warning ( while you camp out on the way to another BOL ) for the money seems worthwhile piece of kit to have about you ....plus its easy to set up...even a techno thicko like me can do it.
22 March 2016, 11:19,
As the receiver/alarm controller on your system is also battery powered, it might be a good idea to site it away from your normal living space. That way if its triggered it will draw attention immediately away from you, rather than directing focus onto where you probably are.

Line of fire comes to mind?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 March 2016, 11:27,
Bloody good point LS......on your neighbours house...you know..the one that's a pain in the arse.
22 March 2016, 12:29,
Good idea!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580