Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some times cheap and cheerful is best
26 March 2016, 12:36,
Some times cheap and cheerful is best
Tidying up this morning and in an old suitcase i came across a little travel kit I put together in 1989 for a TA Annual camp, most of it was junk now, dried up soap, dead batteries, solidified talc etc, but the two little BIC Lighters still had a full charge and lit first time. All I did was rap em in clingfilm before i packed them and decades later they still work. Sometimes cheap is good Smile

Now if I can just persuade the wife that if she lets me buy a Dacia Duster 4x4 it will still be perfect in 30 years time I may have a chance................Smile

27 March 2016, 00:28,
RE: Some times cheap and cheerful is best
Tis amazing what survives in long term storage, similar to you I found a brewkit packed in gaz globetrotter stove can,s, untouched for at least ten years,lighter worked ox cubes were fine ,sachets of creamer still edible,lemon tea powder was delicious...coffee and sugar had turned to concrete though, also considering a Dacia but a logun mcv they are so simple and cheap
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 March 2016, 00:44,
I noticed that the cops, medics, fire service and para mils in Brussels during last weeks attacks nearly all were driving Dacias with a few VW thrown in.

27 March 2016, 09:24, (This post was last modified: 27 March 2016, 09:25 by River Song.)
NR - it was a little early in the morning. I thought I read that you had wrapped your wife in clingfilm for 30 years and she was as good as new
27 March 2016, 10:43,
Very Droll, I'll have you know she has not aged in the 400 years since she arrived from Transylvania.

27 March 2016, 22:48,
In my father's things I found a compressed brick if black tea from China, wrapped in brown paper, embossed with Mandarin characters. Guessing from the context of other kit it was packed with, it probably dates from WW2. I broke off a teaspoon sized chip and brewed it up in a litre of water, and it is wonderful stuff, especially when topped with a tot of black Bermuda rum. The brick is about a pound and will pack nicely in the doomsday ruck.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
28 March 2016, 10:37,
Nice find Charles.