Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will the SEARCH facility be fixed?
28 March 2016, 10:48,
When will the SEARCH facility be fixed?
Its been over a month now since I last was able to use the Search facility, every search attempt illicits this response.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND t.fid NOT IN ('80','65') AND t.fid NOT IN (80,65)' at line

28 March 2016, 16:03,
RE: When will the SEARCH facility be fixed?
Interesting. I had no idea it was faulty. I was using it yesterday and it was fine. Just tried again and it was OK.

Can you describe exactly what you were doing and the input you made so I can try and find out more.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 March 2016, 16:04,
Doing a search for a member by name.

29 March 2016, 09:49,
This is why I love ex military. You never get what you asked for but you get enough to work it out usually with a bit of extra work.

I've played with it now and the usual issues such as case sensitivity are not an issue. I have managed to recreate the error only under the situation where I enter a name that is not valid.

So, it shouldn't through an error like that. It looks bad and I have reported it to the SW bug team. It does however seem to be working fine, if you treat that error message as a user not found message.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 March 2016, 11:06,
Nup, I started to type the members name, then Auto Complete lists members matching the name, I click on displayed nsme which then finishes the members name in the search box, I then click search and even though IT completed the members name it came up with the Sql message???, Have not checked it today though.

29 March 2016, 11:08,
OK just tried it again, I started typing in USERNAME and the autocomplete offered THREE names, I duly clicked on the name I wanted and clicked SEARCH.

I got thus

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND t.fid NOT IN ('80','65') AND t.fid NOT IN (80,65) AND t.closed NOT LIKE ' at line 3
Query:
SELECT t.tid, t.firstpost FROM mybb_threads t WHERE 1=1 AND t.uid IN () AND t.fid NOT IN ('80','65') AND t.fid NOT IN (80,65) AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%'
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

29 March 2016, 14:17,
What username did you use? Funny I don't get autocomplete on mine. Try typing the whole name in without clicking and see how that goes.
Skean Dhude
29 March 2016, 15:09,
Tried whole name, same end result, tried it with three or four member names same result.

29 March 2016, 16:59,
Change the valves in your computer....sometimes i just screw mine in and out and it works fine.
29 March 2016, 17:09,
Its the fuffle valve, its always the fuffle valve.