Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Nice Concealed Gun
30 March 2016, 09:05,
Very Nice Concealed Gun
http://idealconceal.com/

I've put it on my birthday list if any of our US friends feel generous.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 March 2016, 11:09,
RE: Very Nice Concealed Gun
Yeah the control freaks , lefties and anti gun lobby were working themselves into a hysterical frenzy in the comments section of the Daily Mail when they ran the story last week, And they became apoplectic when some dude commented you could get 22LR versions of a very similar device in Bulgaria and Romania for under £100.

30 March 2016, 11:12,
I like it.

Please put me on the gift list too!

What a great idea. If its built as well as it claims it would be a great piece of kit to own.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 March 2016, 20:08,
NO you do not need this piece of kit at all !....i favour a photo of Kate Blanchard's arse and a two foot piece of 1" copper tube filled with lead at one end...about £5 quids worth, if you are of a real hateful disposition go the Hattie Jakes version " more confusion "......we are talking UK here people ! we are MMF no mistake !
30 March 2016, 22:41,
No real gun person would carry a two-shot, point-shoot, limited to near contact distances, if something more accurate and effective, carrying more rounds, were available. A competent pistol shot carrying a modern compact pocket pistol, such as a Ruger LCP, can draw and accurately fire six shots into the head of a silhouette target from ten metres in about 5 seconds.

What the proliferation of smart phone lookalike guns will do, is get alot of people shot when they reach for their phone instead of following a police officer's instructions! If in the US and a cop says, "Stop! Show me your hands!" you better comply, or it will be hazardous to your health. They are used to dealing with armed persons and have ZERO sense of humour.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
2 April 2016, 16:18,
Charles, I think you mean no person with access to real firearms would....

Here that packed away would escape a look from most people. Even plastic guns that look like the old colt peacemakers and are clearly plastic have most of us over here in a faint. Limp wristed do gooders have had armed plod taking down kids in cars here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 April 2016, 16:59,
Even in an area where firearms are denied to civilians, a gadget firearm like this is highly questionable. Any hope for normal acccuracy beyond contact distance is fantasy. The legal consequences for being caught carrying one in a "stop & frisk" search are severe, let alone if you would actually fire it.

I would rather carry a set of Klein telephone linesman's pliers or a dull butter knife knicked off the buffet table than risk carrying one of these.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
3 April 2016, 09:28,
(30 March 2016, 22:41)CharlesHarris Wrote: No real gun person would carry a two-shot, point-shoot, limited to near contact distances

I think the idea is you push the gun into your attacker, pull the trigger twice, and run like hell. In that role it would work a lot better than a butter knife.
5 April 2016, 15:31,
An interesting article from a US blog discussing the cell-phone gun has some valid points:

http://www.gunnuts.net/2016/03/29/everyo...phone-gun/

"Been on the internet lately? You’ve probably seen the news reports about the company in Minnesota that has designed a gun to look like a cell phone. I’ve seen it posted across facebook with all kinds of different headings, from “Cops be on the alert” to “wouldn’t this be cool for CCW” and everything in between. It’s all incredibly hysterical, and everyone should calm down.

First off, this gun is likely going to be vaporware anyway. The company doesn’t even have a working prototype, and won’t until June at least, if ever. Yes, they say they want to get units produced by November, but there’s this pesky little issue which I think is going to upset their little apple cart. It’s called The National Firearms Act, and if the ATF is consistent with their rulings, there is exactly zero doubt in my mind that this piece of crap will end up being ruled to be an Any Other Weapon (AOW). When the ATF does rule that it’s an AOW, the act of purchasing it will then become far too time consuming for its target market, which consists primarily of idiots and people who thought the Taurus Curve was a good idea.

Long story short, everyone calm the hell down. I will go right now and say that if this gun is ever produced, and units actually do ship, I will film a youtube video of me shooting my favorite watch with a 12 gauge shotgun."

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
5 April 2016, 19:43,
And now Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) wants to ban it

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/...phone.html

Charles Schumer, D-N.Y. slammed the gun as "a disaster waiting to happen" and claimed the gun's manufacture could violate federal law by looking like an everyday item.

"Just like toys that too much look like handguns should not be sold, handguns that look too much like toys should not be sold," said Schumer.

The .380-caliber pistol, developed by Minnesota startup Ideal Conceal, has a list price of $395. The company's website explains that "Smartphones are everywhere, so your new pistol will easily blend in with today’s environment.

"In its locked position it will be virtually undetectable because it hides in plain sight," the site's description continues.

Ideal Conceal CEO Kirk Kjellberg told the Associated Press the gun would likely be ready for sale later in the year. He pushed back against the outrage, pointing out that there are already small, easily concealed guns with more firepower than two shots on the market, as well as a wide range of holsters for practically every part of the body.

"The idea that this is going to cause some new big threat is just not true," he said, calling it a defensive weapon only. Kjellberg, who has a concealed carry license, said he came up with the idea for the gun after a young child in a restaurant caught a glimpse of his weapon and pointed it out.

Schumer, who spoke out last year against a phone case that made a phone look like a gun, said the weapon posed a threat to law enforcement if it was allowed to be sold, because officers could find themselves in a situation where they wouldn't know if a suspect was pulling out a phone or a gun.

Echoing Schumer's concerns, the head of the National Association of Police Organizations told CNNMoney last week that "any kind of weapon that’s disguised, so that it’s not apparent that it’s a weapon, would be cause for concern."

There was no immediate comment from either the Justice Department or the ATF.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA