Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Knife recomendations
21 April 2016, 12:20,
RE: New Knife recomendations
I use oughly the same technique for all my blades cept axes and hatchets, I prefer roughly a 22 degree v shape edge on my blades, I also keep a blade tech sharpener with my knife regardless and use it frequently to retain a good edge

21 April 2016, 19:39,
Factory edge on the K-Bar is a 22-degree +/- 1.5° bevel which is flat ground using 600-grit rotary wheel with the blade and entire fixture submerged in a food grade honing oil, the same as used in mass production of restauant cutlery. A shallower angle and finer grit permit a sharper "shaving edge" but a fine edge has less strength and will break down when the blade is used in heavy cutting, as in batoning through heavy rope, wooden poles or splitting the pelvic girdle of a large animal. I prefer a strong utility edge on my work knives,and for fine work or surgical uses carry a few sterile packed No.10 prep blades in my first aid kit, and a scalpel handle.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 July 2016, 22:14,
I have seldom seen such blatant spam.

It is especially irritating when one realizes that the horribly high price of $15 is for an item that can be purchased on E-bay all day long for $0.99 cents.
10 July 2016, 22:16,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Paracord-B...SwyQtVo3WS
10 July 2016, 22:29,
I have just got rid of the spammer happy days
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 July 2016, 03:22,
Alert! Alert!

I was not referring to CH post, we had a spammer on board and Barney boy dispatched him leaving no trace.

Very thorough work there BB.
11 July 2016, 03:54,
I knew that, but appreciate the Alert! anyway 8-)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
11 July 2016, 07:57, (This post was last modified: 11 July 2016, 07:58 by Barneyboy.)
Why thank you sir ,just doing my job ,no thanks needed ,keeping the site clean of the bad guys .cut to scene of barneyboy walking towards the sun set .cue the up lifting music
11 July 2016, 18:16,
See there, if you were American you would be riding off into the sunset on a white horse with a sixgun on each hip and wearing a big white Stetson!
11 July 2016, 18:38, (This post was last modified: 11 July 2016, 18:39 by Barneyboy.)
We're not allowed to do anything fun over here ,we're far too wrapped up in our own self importants