Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Knife recomendations
7 April 2016, 16:27,
RE: New Knife recomendations
£100 is a bit of a psychological barrier too , it's the point at which things change to "am I really wacking the beejesus out of that when it cost over a hundred quid!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
7 April 2016, 16:45,
Dont think I have ever spent more than £40 on a work duty blade.

7 April 2016, 17:22,
Mora for me ,I would cry if I lost a hundred pound blade
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 April 2016, 17:27,
I have never spent a hundred quid on a knife before , £60 is my record up to know which was a Ka bar USMC fighting knife(a while ago)...that's a collector until such time as its needed same with the s/f daggers ,2nd and 3rd versions.
7 April 2016, 20:07,
The Moras are study and affordable. I have several and agree that they are a great buy for the money. I would rather have a half dozen Moras stashed everywhere than to have one expensive Wonder Knife and have to think about where it is or worry about losing it.

EDC is a Mil-K-818 utility folding pocket knife, all metal "Boy Scout" pattern, which is the common US issue. http://kintlalake.blogspot.com/2009/04/s...-818d.html

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 April 2016, 20:23,
One of the nicest blades I ever owned was a gift from my friend John in Kansas, he was not impressed with the SAK Forester I was carrying at the time, so when day i got a little package from him for my birtday, it was a Buck 110 folder, very nice but rather heavy knife, i used it for years, John EDCed a Buck 112.

7 April 2016, 20:43,
Re my comment about the Mora being my knife recommendation...I stand by that as a survival tool, but although not a knife officianado, the knives I love best are made by hand in france at he Lagiole forge....

This one would do me just fine:-

http://www.fontenille-pataud.com/en/1173...-horn.html

:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 April 2016, 21:12,
£400 for a pipe cleaner / spud peeler !!!!! Smile

7 April 2016, 21:13,
This is still my dream blade, and I still cannot afford it Sad

http://www.crkt.com/sting-3b-boot-knife-2025

7 April 2016, 21:57,
Charles the knife i'm retiring is made by Camiĺlus, it's an early 70's Jet pilot survival knife that I bought in the early 80's for £10 , I thought I was getting a moody ka bar marine fighting knife just reduced in size slightly , used for many many years , carried in the poachers pocket of the 68 pattern smock on all exercises/deployments