Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Grid On a budget
29 April 2016, 02:27,
RE: Off Grid On a budget
Here is a shot of the rear.

[Image: 20160428_152854.jpg]

Took this one on the way up to my area, the boat was picked up in Yorkshire and arrived to me 3:30pm, took me 4 hours to get 70% where I need it to be, so tomorrow I will have to move it the other 30% and then I can start the Solar install.

[Image: 20160428_171948.jpg]

Shot of the inside:

[Image: 2_A.jpg]

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 April 2016, 08:11,
Rather nice looking vessel, you got a bargain.

29 April 2016, 08:14,
May I enquire that in a worst case scenario would you consider crossing the channel in it (on a fairly calm day)?, I've seen footage of a battened down canal boat crossing the English channel so would you actuallu consider a similar trip or say coast hopping port to port to say get to the Western Isles ??

29 April 2016, 10:44,
It looks great. Look forward to the next update
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

29 April 2016, 10:59,
I also have read about canal boats making the crossing and yes this boat "should" be OK on a fine day and scary as hell on a rough one, if I compare this boat to my other one its got way more power but I do not have an understanding of sea current and that means until I do research I cannot really answer your question NR.

On a side note this boat has tools on board that tells me it was used in the sea more than on a canal, and the lack of canal tools again tells me this boat must have spent most of its life in the sea.

29 April 2016, 11:05,
(29 April 2016, 10:44)SecretPrepper Wrote: It looks great. Look forward to the next update

Well I am off to exhaust center to try get me some free exhaust clamps that should allow me to make a secure placement of the solar panel.

Then I need to move the boat about 3 locks to where I need it so I can work on it more local to home, at a guess by tomorrow I should have the solar installed, will update then.

29 April 2016, 11:17,
Scary at sea, I would be TERRIFIED, There used to be a Finnish Gal who was a maritime survivalist ( and good looking as well) who sailed a 35 footer around the Baltic, up the coast of Norway and across to the Shetlands, she used to do a blog but its gone now, she was far braver than me.

29 April 2016, 11:22,
Prezzie for you Nem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qb_vz2SDU

29 April 2016, 11:25,
and a linky from my archive
http://www.realworldsurvivor.com/2015/09...city-storm

29 April 2016, 12:15,
(29 April 2016, 11:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: Prezzie for you Nem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qb_vz2SDU

I like what this bloke has to say key word positive of now, sometimes I feel some preppers are always trying to reach a goal that cannot be reached because they already reached it lol.

My advice for any prepper is accept you have reached your goal and add to it do not chase it because that one more thing needed will never end.

As for your other link I have booked marked that for tonight's reading thank you it looks very interesting.

Now I have to go move this boat and get me some exhaust fittings.