Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban air pollution killing more than ever
28 April 2016, 19:02,
Urban air pollution killing more than ever
Note that as the unchecked migration from the regions and abroad into cities like London and ever increasing traffic growth follows that the air gets ever worse even though Congestion charges and Anti pollution laws are in place.

How long before we see people wearing anti pollution masks the way the masses do in Beijing and Tokyo, As it is many cyclists already wear filter masks in London . our Urban colleagues need to consider extra preps to address this extra threat

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/10...35841.html

29 April 2016, 09:07,
RE: Urban air pollution killing more than ever
Already stocked up on some but I don't see it being for my primary scenarios as traffic will drop to ziltch if anything happens.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 April 2016, 09:37,
Agreed SD but i am thinking of our Urban members who have to live in cities NOW where the pollution is increasing weekly, along with deaths as in article AND the huge increase in the numbers of asthmatic kids in cities, We have to deal with current threats as well as apocalyptic threats.

30 April 2016, 17:03,
Well if that is the case it's still not really prepping but just ordinary living in those areas.

I go to London quite a lot and I've never seen it as bad as they are talking about.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 May 2016, 22:14,
(28 April 2016, 19:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: Note that as the unchecked migration from the regions and abroad into cities like London and ever increasing traffic growth follows that the air gets ever worse even though Congestion charges and Anti pollution laws are in place.

How long before we see people wearing anti pollution masks the way the masses do in Beijing and Tokyo, As it is many cyclists already wear filter masks in London . our Urban colleagues need to consider extra preps to address this extra threat

I remember watching a bit of Wimbledon a few years ago and was mildly surprised to see a south east Asian woman in the crowd wearing a mask and then yesterday I was in Cambridge and again I saw an Oriental or south east Asian woman near the railway station wearing a mask.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
5 May 2016, 11:35,
(4 May 2016, 22:14)Ranger Wrote:
(28 April 2016, 19:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: Note that as the unchecked migration from the regions and abroad into cities like London and ever increasing traffic growth follows that the air gets ever worse even though Congestion charges and Anti pollution laws are in place.

I remember watching a bit of Wimbledon a few years ago and was mildly surprised to see a south east Asian woman in the crowd wearing a mask and then yesterday I was in Cambridge and again I saw an Oriental or south east Asian woman near the railway station wearing a mask.
A lot of Asian people wear masks when they have a Cold or Flu, it is very common in Japan and other such countries, and makes damn good sense. Although in UK they would probably think you were a terrorist of some sort.