Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk food seller
6 May 2016, 10:36,
Bulk food seller
Hi, do not know if any of you use this site but came across it the other day. Bought my first order, box of12x10 old el paso wraps £1, 10 bottles brown sauce £1 12 tins heinze tomato with a hint of chilli soup £3, lots more you get my drift, bought over 60kg of food with postage to Scotland under £25.00 real bargain and tinned stuff keeps forever. Any hoo heres the address if interested. http://www.clearancexl.co.uk/
6 May 2016, 11:07,
RE: Bulk food seller
Useful site, thanks mate
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
6 May 2016, 12:17,
Cheers another good useful addy.

6 May 2016, 16:13,
Good find ....many thanks !
6 May 2016, 20:29, (This post was last modified: 6 May 2016, 20:30 by Nemesis.)
Tin food will not keep forever and infact it can taste quite nasty year or so after best before, I threw away loads of food last year, but I also did go way over the top with my food preps.

I would say don't buy from these type places if your intention is for long term prep, short term go for it.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
7 May 2016, 01:16,
With any food storage it is important to use in strict rotation. Simply buying bags of flour or tinned goods then leaving on the shelf at the back of the cupboard will not work, however, when sensible use and replenishing system is put in place most items make a valuable addition to a survival situation. Even freeze dried food does not last forever, but that usually tastes nasty whatever stage storage is at. With tinned goods especially fruit and tomatoes there is the problem of the acidity which can eat quite quickly through the tins. When preparing our own fruit for long term storage we find glass bottles with plastic tops offer the best solution, one of the best jars to date are the old Douwe Egbert coffee jars, great coffee and a great storage receptacle too.