Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello
17 January 2012, 14:22,
RE: Hello
Welcome. I live near Chester and I'm currently organising a meet here on the 31st March if you are interested.

Hope you enjoy the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2012, 15:16, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2012, 15:19 by Joe Poncho.)
Scythe I live in Newton-le-Willows but I know of O'Mallys gym from years ago. I have been interested in the whole survival thing for more years than I care to recall. Maybe I'm a little long in the tooth now but it still interest me.
Skean Dhude, I would be most interested. Can I have some details please? Do you cater for old farts? Ha, ha, ha. (I'm 56) My brother might be interested too.
Many thanks,
Joe.
The only problem I have is that I don't drive! I have to depend on HWMBO for getting around any distance. Anyone close by want to share petrol cost etc?
17 January 2012, 15:25,
Welcome from Scotland Joe its good to have you with us. Kenneth Eames.
17 January 2012, 15:43, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2012, 15:44 by Scythe13.)
Joe, you scared me when you said you were from Newton!!! I have the craziest ex from there!!! But that's okay, I forgive you for living there haha.

If I'm able to come up North (which I should be okay to do) I'll be visiting my parents. So I should be okay to pick you up. I'm not making any promises, but as far as I can tell, it should be okay.
Make alternative arrangements as well, just in case I can't make it up North.
17 January 2012, 16:01,
Joe,

No firm details yet. I'm organising it now but 31st March near Chester. Bring your brother if he is interested just let us know.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2012, 16:03,
Hello Joe and welcome mate, they're a friendly bunch here. I'm on the other side of the Pennines mate in East Yorks

17 January 2012, 16:13, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2012, 16:13 by Joe Poncho.)
Thanks for the welcome, Tartar.
Skean, thanks for the info. I'm sure my brother would be interested too.
Scythe, A lift would be great if you can manage it, thank you. Sorry you have a crazy ex living in my neck of the woods...I probably know her!
Cheers guys,
Joe.
Scythe, what part of the world are you in?
17 January 2012, 16:16,
(17 January 2012, 16:13)Joe Poncho Wrote: Scythe, what part of the world are you in?

Right now I'm living in Bristol, much to the amusement of NR.

But my parents are still up in Grappenhall heys. So, for the library meeting, I'm going to bring my girlfriend with me up to visit my parents for a couple of days. Then on the book review day, pick you up from Newton, and go over to Chester. Once it's all over, I'll drive you back to Newton. It's cool. Newton is only 2 motorway junctions up the M6 from where I used to live in Warrington. So it's all good.
17 January 2012, 16:23, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2012, 16:24 by Joe Poncho.)
Sounds good to me. Keep in touch. I'm off now until tomorrow. Have bread to make and things to do in the garden. Thanks again for the great offer. Would you have enough room for two (my brother) and camping gear though? I
Joe.
I understand completly if that's a problem. Don't mean to sound pushy too.
17 January 2012, 16:26,
Hi Smile