Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepper " diversity" on display in the courts
14 May 2016, 18:50,
Prepper " diversity" on display in the courts
Dammed if I know any GENUINE preppers or survivalists like this cept for some of the loons on the TV show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bir...m-36287457

14 May 2016, 20:03,
RE: Prepper " diversity" on display in the courts
Bonkers!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
15 May 2016, 14:31,
Where did this term DOOMSDAY PREPPER come from, it seems to be a label we all have to carry, there was a TV show called this right?... oh well if they consider it DOOM that I like the idea of being prepared for for things be it small or large then so be it.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
15 May 2016, 16:32,
They had to add something to the front of the term PREPPER because PREPPER is also a commonly used name for a type of student apparently, so some TV idiots making a TV series heard some of our community say they were preparing to survive DOOMSDAY ( good luck with that BTW) and the title stuck. I can remember back when preppers were called Survivalists and were not tarred as cammo clothed isolationists living in the deep forests hating everything official. When I was nowt but a sprog Survivalists were the intelligent minority who saw our rich and political elites using tax payers money to build bunkers for themselves whilst they told us it was not viable to provide everyone with shelter. So the survivalists simply copied the rich ruling elites and built their own shelters / bunkers.

15 May 2016, 20:02,
I am of the opinion that it's human nature to be a Survivalist, is it not what we naturally have done from the start of humanity, the true madness is that we have become reliant on something other, the term happy slaves comes to mind

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
15 May 2016, 20:47,
Nemesis I agree 100% , its urbanisation and 24 hour supermarkets that have led to the loss of the self reliant attitude that even lasted up to the mid 1960s that caused a societal change.

16 May 2016, 18:57,
(15 May 2016, 20:02)Nemesis Wrote: I am of the opinion that it's human nature to be a Survivalist, is it not what we naturally have done from the start of humanity, the true madness is that we have become reliant on something other, the term happy slaves comes to mind

I agree, and often think about the phrase the philosopher Goethe coined, "none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe themselves to be free".
16 May 2016, 19:16,
Prepper is a type of student ? LOL no NR, your thinking of 'Preppy'

'preppy
ˈprɛpi/
USinformal
noun
noun: preppy; plural noun: preppies; noun: preppie

a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.

adjective
adjective: preppy; comparative adjective: preppier; superlative adjective: preppiest; adjective: preppie

of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress.
"the preppy look"
ATB
Harry
16 May 2016, 19:21,
Ta Harry