Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you consider race and etnicity changes as a threat to you?
23 May 2016, 09:41,
RE: Do you consider race and etnicity changes as a threat to you?
Previous governments could have stopped immigration, but didn't, why would future governments do so ?

TPTB like immigrants, they settle for sub-standard housing, channelling taxpayers money through private landlords and buy-to-let mortgages to the banks, which is where TPTB want it to go.

As the saying goes "follow the money", and you'll see that almost everything that is done is to prop up the banks, because when they crash the whole economy will go with them.
8 August 2016, 13:37,
I worked in Afghanistan for 6 years as a soldier, cultural advisor and linguist. All I would say is that if you don't already class Islam and Muslims as a very serious threat to you, your family and your society in general, then you need to really hard look at it again.

Yes, Muslims who came to the UK 40-50 years ago generally tried to integrate but the ones arriving in the last 25 have no intention of doint that and it is all about threats, intimidation and indoctrination with the single aim of taking over this country. The police, BBC, SKY and the mainstream media are fully compliant with this.

The UK government has made no attempt to ensure that recently arriving Muslims integrate or even learn our language and culture.

If you think it is bad both in Europe and the Uk now, then think what is going to be like once their numbers (and demands) grow.
8 August 2016, 17:57,
Interesting first post

I don't consider race and ethnicity a threat to me...yet. I do believe the open door policy has failed, too many too soon and not enough time for those who want to integrate to do so.

British culture has been in a state of flux for centuries but we do seem to be rushing things now. I certainly don,t see Islam as a threat per say, I see a small minority of radical people posing a societal threat under the banner of Islam.
ATB
Harry
8 August 2016, 19:17,
Er, yes, I think it is an increasing threat. Not race, particularly, but religion yes. I think, also, that with the increase in multi-ethnicity in this country, something is going to blow.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 August 2016, 13:47,
Harry,

I can only add that you do not understand Muslims or Islam if you don't think they are a not a threat.

Once their numbers grow you will see a huge and very dangerous shift in their attitudes towards non Muslims, homosexuals, bisexuals, transexuals, women, non believers (like me) and anyone who stands in their way.

Many of the recent Muslim "refugees" come from cultures where all the above are valid targets for elimination and they come from cultures where voilence is the first option (and not the last one).

I would add that a study into what happens when Islam and non Muslim cultures live closely together might be useful for you.

islam is all about intimidation, indoctrination and taking over non Muslim cultures.

Islam is all about using the cultural weaknesses of the host country to their own ends. They are already gaining far more influence in government and everywhere else than their actual numbers should indicate.
10 August 2016, 15:35,
I was in Afghanistan and Iraq too with the army too and living in the midlands I've grown up with people from all sorts of religious backgrounds. Not many forums would allow your racist banter, I hope its removed.
ATB
Harry
10 August 2016, 17:07,
I don't see Richie's post as racist....he's just pointing out the Islamic modus operandi for the overthrow and subjugation of host nations , it's all clearly mapped out how to do it in the Koran.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 August 2016, 18:44,
Race or religion may not matter at all to you.

But what fool told you it does not matter to THEM ?

It is their belief system that determines if you live or die, not your weak @$$ decision to sit around a campfire singing Kumbiya, sharing a Coke and teaching the world to sing in perfect harmony.
10 August 2016, 19:18,
I am sure there are a lot of charming, moderate Muslims out there.... unfortunately it is almost impossible to differentiate between them and terrorist Muslims. I prefer to err on the side of caution. Oh, and the days of screaming "Racist" at someone because they do not share your view are over.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 August 2016, 19:30,
This article does not pertain to your situation in the UK, but is a hot political issue in our current presidential campaign. I would not presume to offer an opinion as to what you in the UK should do. But I would question how you can tell the "good" guys from the "bad" guys, and whether more government encroachment upon individual freedom and personal liberty will make us safer, or whether it simply invokes fear into the general populace which serves the interest of the supposed enemy:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidenti...-american/

Limiting or Even Prohibiting Immigration by Muslims Is Not Illegal

Current federal law [Title 8, Section 1182 of the U.S. Code, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952] gives the President legal authority to suspend — by a simple proclamation, and without any action by Congress — the entry of “any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States [who] would be detrimental to the interests of the United States,” and to do so indefinitely. President Obama has in fact already used this power.

This existing statutory grant of authority to the President, and to those to whom he may delegate this power, is very broad, and a very recent Supreme Court decision held that he could withhold visas on national security grounds without providing any reason at all. Thus, even without any action by Congress to give him additional authority, it is likely that the President could at least temporarily ban immigrants who are Muslim.

If Congress were to back this proposal by enacting specific legislation to carry it out, the case for its legality would be even stronger. And there is clear precedent. Indeed, over a period of more than 100 years, Congress has repeatedly limited immigration by many different groups of people seeking admission. The 1924 Immigration Act (targeting those from Southern and Eastern Europe) and the Chinese Exclusion Act (aimed at Chinese) are only two examples.

One simple reason why our country has frequently singled out people by race, nationality, and perhaps even religion for immigration purposes is that we can; because not all the rights guaranteed by the Constitution apply to non-Americans outside the country. Here’s why:

Under what has been called the Plenary Power Doctrine, at least some of the protections guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution do not apply to non-citizens living abroad and seeking admission to the U.S. Law Professor Eric Posner of Chicago Law School described the doctrine this way:

“The Supreme Court has held consistently, for more than a century, that constitutional protections that normally benefit Americans and people on American territory do not apply when Congress decides who to admit and who to exclude as immigrants or other entrants. This is called the plenary power doctrine. The Court has repeatedly turned away challenges to immigration statutes and executive actions on grounds that they discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, and political belief, and that they deprive foreign nationals of due process protections. While the Court has not ruled on religious discrimination, it has also never given the slightest indication that religion would be exempt from the general rule.”

After quoting Prof. Posner, Law Professor Eugene Volokh, of the UCLA School or Law, adds that following: “I would add that, in Kleindienst v. Mandel (1972), the Supreme Court applied the ‘plenary power doctrine’ to the exclusion of people based on their political beliefs, despite the Free Speech Clause. The cases that Posner is referring to, together with Kleindienst, suggest that the exclusion of people based on their religious beliefs is likewise constitutional.”

Moreover, the Supreme Court has repeatedly rejected claims that immigration statutes which discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, or political belief are unconstitutional. Therefore for these reasons, and for some additional ones cited below, it seems very clear — and something few legal scholars would doubt — that the immigration of persons who are Muslims can be halted, at least temporarily, without violating the Constitution.

II. Considering Religion as a Factor in Formulating Anti-terror Policy and Tactics Is Not Necessarily Unconstitutional

So what happens when we try to move beyond the limited area of immigration, where virtually everyone agrees that non-Americans abroad are not entitled to the same constitutional guarantees, and seek to consider religion in making other decisions: e.g., added scrutiny by the TSA when boarding airline flights.

The answer appears to be the same, especially when we consider the crucial difference between racial or religious profiling (which is unconstitutional) and terrorist profiling (which can be constitutional). Failure to understand this crucial difference, and a tendency to think narrowly just in terms of phrases and labeling, is apparently what has led many to overgeneralize, and assume that any consideration of race or religion whatsoever is wrong and unconstitutional, at least when it occurs domestically.

A classic example of unconstitutional racial profiling occurs when police, intent on making a dent in the drug trade, decide to primarily stop African Americans traveling down a major highway, based upon the assumptions that blacks are much more likely to be transporting drugs than whites. If Rastafarians rather than blacks were singled out, it would constitute religious profiling. Both would clearly violate the Equal Protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

But the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Justice Department have recognized that there are exceptions to the general rule prohibiting decision making based upon factors like race or religion.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held on several occasions that governments may take into account factors such as race (and presumably religion), provided that the decision serves a compelling governmental interest, and that the factor is only one of several considered.

That, after all, is the basis upon which, under so-called affirmative action, the Supreme Court has held that state colleges may discriminate on the basis of race in determining who is to be admitted. They may do so because achieving racial diversity in classrooms is, according to the Court, a compelling state interest. Thus, so long as other factors are also considered, and race is not the sole defining characteristic, it may be considered in making these important governmental decisions.

However, because preventing mass murder by terrorists is at least as much a compelling governmental interest as achieving diversity in the classroom, courts have also recognized that the same exception which permits race or religion to be considered alone with other factors regarding college admissions also applies to preventing terrorism. In summary, while it would be unconstitutional to subject people to additional scrutiny to deter illegal drug sales solely because they happened to be African Americans or Rastafarians. it would not be unconstitutional to single out people for additional terrorism scrutiny based in part on their belief in Islam, provided that other factors were also considered.

This is hardly in doubt. For example, the Department of Justice [DoJ] under President Obama likewise publicly recognizes that, while so-called racial (and similar) profiling is illegal and probably unconstitutional in many situations, exceptions exist with regard to both preventing terrorist attacks, and in controlling who enters the country.

Consider that its recent guidance provides that: “in conducting activities directed at a specific criminal organization or terrorist group whose membership has been identified as overwhelmingly possessing a listed characteristic, law enforcement should not be expected to disregard such facts in taking investigative or preventive steps aimed at the organization’s activities.”

In other words, since terrorists overwhelmingly (but not necessarily all) possess the characteristic of being Muslim, TSA and other law enforcement agencies can consider this factor, among others, “in taking investigative or preventive steps aimed at the organization’s activities.”

In addition, while Justice Department guidelines prohibit as unconstitutional any consideration at all of factors like race or ethnicity in routine police enforcement activities (e.g., traffic stops, drug interdiction, etc.), they did expressly provide that: “in investigating or preventing threats to national security or other catastrophic events (including the performance of duties related to air transportation security) . . . Federal law enforcement officers may not consider race or ethnicity except to the extent permitted by the Constitution and laws of the United States.”

So, since they may not consider race “except to the extent permitted by the Constitution and law of he United States,” there must be some extent to which such consideration is constitutional.

Another major federal agency which has not only recognized that terrorist- (as contrasted with racial-) profiling can be constitutional, but which has also actually engaged in it, is the TSA. It was not selecting for so-called secondary screening all passengers equally — i.e., treating a young Muslim male as presenting the same probability of being a terrorist as an elderly Asian female or a child — but rather deliberately selecting for secondary screening all citizens of 12 named countries. Aside from two communist nations, all of the others have large Muslim populations, including 8 which are at least 90% Muslim.

Since this could hardly be just a mere coincidence, it provides still another example where Americans, believing that it was constitutional to do so, have engaged in religious profiling.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA