Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From DPF is this the Ultimate Ham Unit?
25 May 2016, 11:23,
From DPF is this the Ultimate Ham Unit?
Well, it appears that 2016 may actually be the year that hams finally get to see their ultimate digital ham radio. Recently, Wireless Holdings LLC, the maker of the DV4mini – a wireless multi-mode hotspot, announced that it would be releasing the DV4mobile – a new tri-band (2m, 1.25m and 70cm), all-mode mobile radio supporting FM, DMR, D-STAR, C4FM (System Fusion), dPMR, P25, LTE and NXDN (in a later software update). The announcement of this radio comes on the heels of breaking details concerning the “New Radio” and only days before the 2016 Dayton Hamvention in Dayton, OH (va3xpr.net, 2016).

For more Information:
http://www.va3xpr.net/dv4mobile-details-appear/
http://www.va3xpr.net/dv4mobile-2016-dayton-hamvention/

25 May 2016, 17:29,
RE: From DPF is this the Ultimate Ham Unit?
Interesting find NR. Its VHF and UHF, so primarily aimed at local communications. Of course it'll link up worldwide through digital hubs (DSTAR), but we can already do that with our cheapo UV5r type devices anyway.

IMHO not a radio for preppers as it is WAY too reliant on computer and internet technology.

I'll stick with my more simple gear for the time being

Thanks for sharing though..... I'm guessing one of the young blades like S13 will be sorely tempted by all that new technology:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

25 May 2016, 18:47,
My skill is limited to radios with two digit channels Smile

26 May 2016, 06:52,
(25 May 2016, 18:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: My skill is limited to radios with two digit channels Smile

Ha ha:-) Keeping it simple is definitely the way to go.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580