Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi
17 January 2012, 21:43,
Hi
Hi everybody - I've been lurking on the site for a while so thought I'd join the forum. I tripped over prepping online a while back & thought it was all a bit bonkers at first. Probably looking at US preppers & all the gun-talk. Just a different culture I suppose which is alien to me. Anyway, I really buy the prepping-as-insurance-policy argument. I have insurance for virtually everything so why not store food, silver, batteries etc, just in case? Makes sense to me. I'm moving house soon so looking for a place with spare storage space for my 'insurance policy'. My parents kept the pantry stocked with emergency food supplies - it came naturally to their generation - & I vaguely remember the blackouts in the 70s & having to use candles so it's not completely outside my experience to prep. Oh, and my main fear is an economic catastrophe caused by the collapse of the euro which may or may not be rational.
17 January 2012, 22:07,
RE: Hi
Welcome to the site.

Rational or not, all fear or paranoia is routed in self preservation, so if that's what you're looking for, you've come to the right place.
17 January 2012, 22:21,
Greeting and felicitations and I hope your home move goes smoothly and preferably away from a city.

17 January 2012, 22:33,
Welcome ;-)
18 January 2012, 00:32,
welcome
to win the war, you must be willing to die
18 January 2012, 07:40,
Hello Hi, Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find a wealth of information of value to you here. Read and absorb. Kenneth Eames.
18 January 2012, 12:17,
Hi, Sounds like you have all the right ideas already. Enjoy the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 17:09,
Hello and welcome