Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Rifle Question, what is the......
2 June 2016, 16:35,
RE: Air Rifle Question, what is the......
(1 June 2016, 21:57)harrypalmer Wrote: I inherited several air guns from my dad, Webley and BSA but its worth saving your coins and going for a weapon from Weihrauch...superb build quality.

I agree, owned a hw77k and was a superb accurate air rifle and very tuneable, but they are too heavy for NR's requirments.
2 June 2016, 17:17,
LS, I already own an Air Arms S 410 PCP Carbine, thats about as good as you can get Smile, in PCPs stuff like the Brocock or BSA Ultra Tactical have it nailed for compact, carbine, lightweight. BUT as always its weakness is its reliance on a Stirrup pump, compresser or Divers bottle. Dats why I also want to look at lightweight, break barrel, full power, springer or gas strut carbines, cos they are totally self contained. I'm actually developing an idea for such a critter at this moment in time.

2 June 2016, 17:21,
TH & Co I used to have a 77K twas a bloody heavy beast to lump about all day, but it was awesomely accurate

2 June 2016, 18:00,
Not being sure what the nature of the mysterious requirements might be I would be inclined to buy a normal 12 pound rifle and shave the wood down to the point that I was afraid it would shatter on the spring impulse, and replace the wood butt stock with a wire skeleton. Then cut the barrel down to shorty length and use a section of aluminum pipe slipped over it to cock it.

The addition of a lightweight scope or reflex sight would allow dismissal of the bulky and heavy sight systems used on these rifles.

Bet you could get it down to 4-5 pounds and 2 feet long.
2 June 2016, 18:03,
Nowt mysterious bout it TC, I agree with you but I'm trying at first to see if something a bit more refined can be achieved that make be sellable.

3 June 2016, 16:16,
Anyone else got an FAC ?
ATB
Harry
3 June 2016, 16:47,
Quite a few on here do harry but many of them stay hush about it for privacy reasons and do their chatting on the PM system.

4 June 2016, 06:18,
(2 June 2016, 17:17)NorthernRaider Wrote: LS, I already own an Air Arms S 410 PCP Carbine, thats about as good as you can get Smile, in PCPs stuff like the Brocock or BSA Ultra Tactical have it nailed for compact, carbine, lightweight. BUT as always its weakness is its reliance on a Stirrup pump, compresser or Divers bottle. Dats why I also want to look at lightweight, break barrel, full power, springer or gas strut carbines, cos they are totally self contained. I'm actually developing an idea for such a critter at this moment in time.

I realised after posting that I'd not read your OP accurately and that you are looking for a .22 solution.

Just to confirm, although the little Crossman 2100 is .177, its a proper PCP and completely self contained, using the fore stock as the lever for the built in pump.

I have left our one charged for several months and it holds pressure well for that period. Indeed the recommendation is to always leave the gun partially charged so at the seals say pumped up
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 June 2016, 00:32,
Most if not all the springer bsa's are made by game in Spain,no longer the quality guns bsa used to be, has to be weirauch or air arms for sprinters now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
5 June 2016, 00:33,
Springers....God I hate this fell in tablet!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!