Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Rifle Question, what is the......
6 June 2016, 22:49,
RE: Air Rifle Question, what is the......
Tincup wrote
“He is not going anywhere.

But be prepared for some massive abuse in the next day or two.”

I’m confident the mods will deal with any abuse

Charlesharris wrote
“I find your different perspective here refreshing and more practical, without having all of the idiot fringe firearm fixation and paranoid the trappings which accompany it.”
Thank you Charles. I’m not that long out of the army, trained in Arctic Norway, Canada, Cyprus and then went off to warmer sandy climes where people seemed to want to shoot/blow up the lot of us. These experiences have made me become very pragmatic, I tend to deal with truth and logic and not rely on scare mongering articles from the press; training, logic and planning will see you through most situations in life.
ATB
Harry
6 June 2016, 23:09,
HP,

I'm a generation older. My military service was USN in the 1970s. Did some contract work for Beltway Bandits and alphabet soup outfits for a while, also did some RDT&E and QA work in the firearms industry until the government contracts ran out and I wasn't needed anymore. When the economy tanked in 1987-88 I took what started as a "temporary" engineering position in local government, but ended up liking the work. Over 24 years ending up doing almost everything from environmental monitoring, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste management, damage assessment, through the whole post 9/11 schtick, emergency protective measures, mitigation, planning, logistics for emergency response and recovery operations, as well as at various wearing the safety, financial and training officer hat.

Now trying to live a quiet retirement far enough outside the moderate damage radius from DC that can I sit back and watch.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 June 2016, 12:56,
Sounds like a nice life there CH.

I was giving serious thought about moving to New Zealand, I'm now actively researching and planning the move. I love the UK but sadly its now beyond repair.
ATB
Harry
7 June 2016, 16:57,
Consider Texas.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 June 2016, 19:12,
Texas could be good but NZ is still very 'English' in many respects so the major pull is from NZ.

NZ produce a fantastic Rugby team, before kick off they perform the Haka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haka

Not just performed at sport events, used at funerals etc
ATB
Harry
8 June 2016, 09:22,
(7 June 2016, 19:12)harrypalmer Wrote: NZ produce a fantastic Rugby team, before kick off they perform the Haka

True, I watched them beat Wales in Cardiff, but that's no reason to move there.

The fact that there is loads of work and a strong economy - that's a reason, and the fact that hardly anyone comes back.
8 June 2016, 09:50,
"True, I watched them beat Wales in Cardiff, but that's no reason to move there."

Climate, skiing and climbing, space, room to grow, legal hand gun ownership ...good reasons to move there Smile
ATB
Harry
3 August 2016, 21:00,
While it lacks the synthetic stock I would heartily recommend the HW99S. I've had mine for over a year and it's a superb rifle.Running at maximum efficency at 12 ft lb's in .22 .
It does benefit from a piston sleeve,and a barrel weight really helps on standing shots.You can buy cold drawn seamless tube from ebay and black it with selenium dioxide.
And it's got the Rekord trigger unit.I've had over 100 air rifles and the little HW99 is the best break barrel sub 12 I've owned.