Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
belated Hello
17 January 2012, 21:54,
belated Hello
It seems in my eagerness to start posting I neglected to say Hello to everyone, bad manners on my behalf so apologiesAngel
I've only recently made an effort to start prepping as I feel with the current world climate I need to do something positive to secure my families future. It's hard to explain but things just don't "feel right" with the world.
I hope to get some good honest advice and debate, and in return hopefully give something back.
I'm in East Yorkshire and it would be good to hear from anyone in my part of the world.

Ps I'm really into archery, and string pullers out there?
17 January 2012, 22:23,
RE: belated Hello
I've got a 30 lb three piece recurve I bought from that fabulous archery shop in Guisborough, but am now moving over towards crossbows like so many other preppers have done in lieu of being able to own guns.

17 January 2012, 22:32,
Hi Smile
17 January 2012, 22:45,
Hi Tartar

I did archery for 6 months and became junior North Hants champion, when I used to live in Basingstoke. I've not picked up a bow for over 12 years!!!

It's funny though. I was thinking of getting back into archery today, while talking to my girlfriend's dad in the kitchen. I'm probably going to go compound though. Just because it's smaller and more compact.
18 January 2012, 07:43,
Hello Tartar, Glad that you've joined the site. There is much information here, use it as and when necessary. Enjoy. Kenneth Eames.
18 January 2012, 09:45,
Hello, Tartar.
I am seriously considering buying a cross bow too. East Yorkshire isn't that far from Lancashire!
18 January 2012, 12:19,
(17 January 2012, 21:54)Tartar Horde Wrote: It seems in my eagerness to start posting I neglected to say Hello to everyone, bad manners on my behalf so apologiesAngel

Welcome. There is no compulsion to say hello. It is a place to do so if you wish so no need to apologise.

Welcome to the site. Hope you find it useful.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 14:35,
(18 January 2012, 12:19)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(17 January 2012, 21:54)Tartar Horde Wrote: It seems in my eagerness to start posting I neglected to say Hello to everyone, bad manners on my behalf so apologiesAngel

Welcome. There is no compulsion to say hello. It is a place to do so if you wish so no need to apologise.

Welcome to the site. Hope you find it useful.

You mean you're not going to moderate me, and send me to the bunker of shame Wink
18 January 2012, 14:55,
The bunker of shame is a safe place.

You'd be banished to fend for yourself in the wastelands of the WWW (world wide wastelands) haha.

But here, we're cool with minimal moderating. It's the only forum I am happy with, because of experiences with moderating and being kicked away into the WWW.
18 January 2012, 17:08,
Hello and welcome