Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRE info
29 June 2016, 15:37,
RE: MRE info
(29 June 2016, 13:47)Skean Dhude Wrote: Harry, Good point but many of us are not going to be touching this stuff until after tshtf and we won't have the capability of tests. It is more than just MREs as well

Something to think about though. I'll add that to my list.

Harry said what he said because I am about to go on a 3 month test of this Huel, and yes it's a good idea and just so happens I have a blood test booked for tomorrow anyway and so I will get another one done in 3 months and compare, although I am not sure if 3 months is long enough.

Anyway I won't be starting until 15th July but saying that I did it yesterday and again today and can report it is fine I don't feel hungry or craving anything.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
29 June 2016, 15:47,
In the immortal words of croc Dundee...."you can live of it but it tastes like shit" not really my cup of tea , I found it a bit sickly and the texture is pretty grim , much better chilled(made my partner gag at room temperature) but that and the fact its leaves the shaker very oily after use and therefore difficult to clean when roughing it rules it out for me as a bug out bag item oh and the price is a bit fierce even in bulk purchase quantities.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 June 2016, 16:15,
I find it tasty lol and cleans easy just add bit of cold water and shake it clean no problem???

Some people say it's lumpy or too gritty but I find it mixes very well and was surprised how easy it is to mix, put in water add powder and shake job done, I have in the past done bland style health diets that most people can't maintain but I can be very disciplined when I want to be.

Don't get me wrong I would sooner rice and peas and brown stew chicken lol, I have to say huel is perfect for anyone's bug out bag plans.

I feel full of energy.

29 June 2016, 18:30,
I'll stick to LRP-CW rations for the Get Home Bag and stashed buckets of parboiled rice, lentils, split peas, beans, dried onion, curry powder, salt, tinned butter, coconut oil, etc. for longer term rations.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
29 June 2016, 23:15,
I found it left an oily residue that couldn't be shifted from the shaker/beaker without detergent , over £8 a day for a subsistence 2500k/cal a day , I had high hopes for Huel but it's not for me , to dear to bland ,to difficult and doesn't keep long enough, I have one sachet left that i'm going to store for a couple of years and see if it will keep , can understand it as a dietary product , vegetarianor a sports product but not for my bob, stick to my bp5 and seven sea's liferaft biscuits , bought in bulk its approaching half the price for the same calorie count and weight.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 June 2016, 02:46,
Midnitemo I wash mine with about 200ml of water and shake it clean no problem just water, I am using the shaker given me by Huel.

The BP-5 biscuit seem a good option I am waiting on something similar to come in stock;

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/us-co...1085-p.asp

I do like this Huel alot and the taste, it meets my needs both shtf and as a healthy diet now.

I want 30 day food in one bob so it won't just be huel there will be a mix of things.

I am going to make my own beef jerky and am going to follow this recipe;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4IDl0ywnIs

30 June 2016, 02:52,
I did a thread on Hardtack I made about 5 years ago now, I am thinking maybe I could make a modern Hardtack with added vitamins and stuff.

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...t=hardtack

30 June 2016, 15:22,
"Harry, Good point but many of us are not going to be touching this stuff until after tshtf and we won't have the capability of tests. It is more than just MREs as well"

Better to know what you eat now than if it hits the fan, after three months did you gain weight/loose weight etc, did bloods change.
ATB
Harry