Poll: Would you like me to send you a fully functional EMCOMS radio station for free evaluation?
Yes ( PM me to confirm)
No, not interested
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
16 June 2016, 21:41,
RE: FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
Great idea. I'm not sure how you plan to test this system, but if this setup is coincidentally close to a transceiver I recently bought in kit form then perhaps I can look forward to a brief chat with SS. I'd enjoy that.
16 June 2016, 21:42,
If anyone would like to pm me details I'd be interested in listening for signals.
16 June 2016, 22:05,
And i would like that too Steve ...and very useful .......take today for example....harvesting some carrots i snapped two D bolts while dragging them out ...the good news was the chain held....i am sure you would carry these at your place .....i could have easily got you on the radio and asked for help.......tractor job using the link box arms....i rest my case.
16 June 2016, 22:10,
(16 June 2016, 21:41)Steve Wrote: Great idea. I'm not sure how you plan to test this system, but if this setup is coincidentally close to a transceiver I recently bought in kit form then perhaps I can look forward to a brief chat with SS. I'd enjoy that.

Steve, You'll be bang on frequency with that kit you purchased:-) And I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be able to hear a lot of stations when you fire it up.

How far away from SS are you?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 22:14,
Just a quick message to say that I'll be off forum for a week and a bit starting tomorrow. So if anyone PM's me please excuse my slow reply.

I'll respond to anything that arrives for me as soon as I can

Lightspeed signing off and clear.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 22:32,
(16 June 2016, 22:14)Lightspeed Wrote: Just a quick message to say that I'll be off forum for a week and a bit starting tomorrow. So if anyone PM's me please excuse my slow reply.

I'll respond to anything that arrives for me as soon as I can

Lightspeed signing off and clear.

Ok matey talk soon
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 June 2016, 23:04,
(16 June 2016, 22:10)Lightspeed Wrote: How far away from SS are you?

Within range, assuming he doesn't live under a steep cliff. I live on top of a hill and can see hilltops 70 miles away across Cardigan bay on a clear day, so no problems this end.
16 June 2016, 23:11,
Steve if its the little rig I think it is, combined with a matching antenna, you could work the USA on a good day.
ATB
Harry
18 June 2016, 10:10,
Hi LS, this is a fantastic offer that you are making - well done.

Can I ask, is this sort of radio set capable of transmitting and receiving voice transmissions, or would it be limited to morse?
22 June 2016, 14:56,
Well Done LS -

Is this working CW only or Voice?

RS