Poll: Would you like me to send you a fully functional EMCOMS radio station for free evaluation?
Yes ( PM me to confirm)
No, not interested
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
16 June 2016, 07:06, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2016, 08:09 by Lightspeed.)
FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
For a while I've been harping on about the value of being able to communicate by radio across the UK. Indeed I honestly feel that this is the holy grail of post SHTF radio communications.

Other than the confirmed radio men who are on the SUK forum there has been not very much interest from others.

So, to try and stimulate interest, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is.

I'm building a complete ready-to-use radio station that I'll send completely free of charge to any Forum member who would like to evaluate it, to see what such equipment looks like in the flesh, and to try using it.

The idea is that this station will be passed to an member interested on a free of charge loan basis, and that it be passed on from one member to the next.

All I ask is for an evaluation to be posted on this thread, and for the station to be returned either to me, or sent onto the next member wishing to try it out. (the whole thing will be a small package about the size of a large paper back book)

Please complete the poll and PM me if you would like me to send a test station to you.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 08:29,
RE: FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
How will it work LS ,any pics matey ?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 June 2016, 08:46,
Hi BB

The radio unit itself is completely built and ready to go.

I still need to build a portable antenna, a full set of connectors, and more importantly a full set of operating instructions. This will take me a few weeks, but due to travel plans, it means the full station will be ready for posting mid July I reckon.

Once I have the complete station put together and tested, I'll post pics.

The radio is a low power transmitter and receiver ( transceiver) built into a robust EMP resistant housing. It will run of power supplies from 9v to14vDC. Connectors for pp9 dry cells as well as normal 12v systems will be included. It will receive transmissions form stations out to around 600 miles range and should be good to communicate out to 100+ miles depending on antenna positioning.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 08:55,
(16 June 2016, 08:46)Lightspeed Wrote: Hi BB

The radio unit itself is completely built and ready to go.

I still need to build a portable antenna, a full set of connectors, and more importantly a full set of operating instructions. This will take me a few weeks, but due to travel plans, it means the full station will be ready for posting mid July I reckon.

Once I have the complete station put together and tested, I'll post pics.

The radio is a low power transmitter and receiver ( transceiver) built into a robust EMP resistant housing. It will run of power supplies from 9v to14vDC. Connectors for pp9 dry cells as well as normal 12v systems will be included. It will receive transmissions form stations out to around 600 miles range and should be good to communicate out to 100+ miles depending on antenna positioning.

That sounds great I'm in if that's ok
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 June 2016, 09:01,
A fantastic idea and gesture LS well done [Image: t2803.gif]
ATB
Harry
16 June 2016, 16:46,
Will there be more to talk about on the radio then is going on here on the forum?
16 June 2016, 16:54,
(16 June 2016, 16:46)Tincup Wrote: Will there be more to talk about on the radio then is going on here on the forum?

Ha ha! Probably yes, although so far today there have been 70 reads of this thread, so I guess that a lot of forum members prefer to read rather than comment. That's fine though.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 17:01,
A great idea LS......i am already getting my stuff together and will be setting it all up very very shortly........just waiting on a date..........yes.......a completion date........and no ....i'm note kidding.
16 June 2016, 19:36,
Congratulations SS ( and Mrs SS)..... I hope it all comes together for you now.

Best.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 June 2016, 21:05, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2016, 21:08 by harrypalmer.)
"RE: FREE: Emergency Preparedness radio station
Will there be more to talk about on the radio then is going on here on the forum? "

All you have to do is put up some posts Tincup...or track down your mate you PM'd me (the one who threw his toys out the pram) about and talk to him ... the one you said really runs this forum and not the mods [Image: p0221.gif]
ATB
Harry