Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As they say in Chicago...
24 June 2016, 13:42, (This post was last modified: 24 June 2016, 13:42 by Devonian.)
RE: As they say in Chicago...
Jonas, out of curiosity how is (the successful) Brexit being received and reported on over in the states?
24 June 2016, 14:19,
Very positively! Well, not so positively by the banksters, but the American people are mostly cheering you on! Now we want to know who's next. Italy? Sweden? France? Netherlands? Looks like he whole EU is about to unravel...

check http://www.drudgereport.com/ or http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/forumdisp...bomb2000&s=
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
24 June 2016, 15:17,
Thanks Jonas

Also it's interesting to see that the although the FTSE100 dropped about 10% when it opened this morning, over 8% of that fall (at this point in time) has already been regained, which is slightly staggering that the panic and freefall of the markets has not been materialised and has already levelled out, and the FTSE 100 could possibly even close higher than yesterdays previous 4 week high....

The European/Word markets strangely haven't recovered as strongly as the UK stock market yet, but this could still change:

http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/europe/

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/markets...ion=europe
24 June 2016, 16:44,
(24 June 2016, 13:14)Jonas Wrote: I dunno how my post that we're preaying for you got so derailed...
but the good news is plastered all over the net. Thank you all for taking a good whack at the "One World Government" machine! Looks like the "good guys" can win a round after all! God bless you!

JP

Thank you Jonas. There is no way it could have been reformed democratically from within as any attempt would be co-opted. Therefore the only way is to first remove oneself from the source of the infection, and I hope others now follow. It may be in the future that a better relationship is formed, one based more precisely on trade rather than the politicised corrupt one presently. Thank heaven enough people are starting to see through it now.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
24 June 2016, 19:04,
If I could find a little symbol for waving pom poms and Union Jacks I would put them in. GO BREXIT.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 June 2016, 19:23,
I've spoken to four American friends, our taking the path to lunacy is hit and miss with them at the moment.

The Bank of England has a £250 billion sum to try and shore things up in the short to medium term. There was talk of the Japanese companies who invested in car plants because the UK was in the EU (tax breaks etc) may have plans to shut up shop in the UK and move to Europe, somewhere like Poland... thats another tens of thousands of jobs lost in the UK if it happens.

You have been seeing lots of brits being interviewed about leaving and the ones that have banjo music playing in the background just bang on about immigrants taking 'our' jobs which is a load of bullocks, lot of young brits won't do the work that the immigrants take onboard... just get government handouts and smoke dope all day...the brighter ones seemed to favour the 'stay' vote.
ATB
Harry
24 June 2016, 19:32,
I would offer as appropriate the preamble from our own Declaration of Independence:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

As for Brussels trying to usurp national government, bollocks!,

"No taxation without representation!"

It appears from this side of the pond that the will of the people of Great Britain is closer to that of Americans than we give it credit for. While separated by an ocean and corrupted on both sides by greedy politicians, bankers and big business, out shared heritage. values and culture results in our being more alike than we are different.

So, from the words of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address:

"...that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

And in closing paraphrasing my favorite from Winnie!

" if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made...we shall prove ourselves once again able to ...ride out the storm...and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

While Obama's commies may be whining about the outcome, the heartland of America and its people rejoice in your victory, and hope that we may accomplish the same in our November election!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
24 June 2016, 21:16,
The problem is we don't make that much here ,it's all gone to India or China,because they can do it cheaper
How can we compete with them .
It's going to be bloody hard
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 June 2016, 07:31,
Now that we have the result, hopefully we will be able to get on with the business of running 'this paradise' democratically for a change.
Unfortunately the 'politicians' will not be too happy with things at the moment and I feel they will drag their feet at every opportunity.
Nice to hear that we have some support from overseas.
25 June 2016, 11:26,
Predictably the sour grapes brigade are refusing to accept the result.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...esult.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.

Aristotle