Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poison Gas Cloud
31 August 2017, 23:41,
RE: Poison Gas Cloud
You really think that ships with the absolute latest in radar and GPS systems are running into each other "accidentally"?

Those instruments can spot a rubber duck half way across the Pacific!

But you have a point SS. The entire crew of those ships must have sensitivity training, aggression therapy training, conflict management training, sexual identity awareness training and group hug therapy before they can board ship.

That does not leave much time for navigation training.
1 September 2017, 07:40,
You really think that ships with the absolute latest in radar and GPS systems are running into each other "accidentally"?

Absolutely NO CHANCE MB ....just me being silly and sarcastic .
1 September 2017, 12:11,
If it came from a ship in the channel, it will be relatively easy to narrow down to the culprit. Ships in the channel are handled like aircraft coming into airports. They are logged and tracked in real time and that tracking is recorded. With known wind direction and strength, a back track can be calculated, isolating just a few vessels, maybe a single one?

This will have already been done, and follow up now quietly taking place.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 September 2017, 12:16,
(1 September 2017, 12:11)Lightspeed Wrote: If it came from a ship in the channel, it will be relatively easy to narrow down to the culprit. Ships in the channel are handled like aircraft coming into airports. They are logged and tracked in real time and that tracking is recorded. With known wind direction and strength, a back track can be calculated, isolating just a few vessels, maybe a single one?

Which is what makes me suspect it's from a naval vessel, either RN or foreign?
1 September 2017, 12:39,
(1 September 2017, 12:16)LAC Wrote:
(1 September 2017, 12:11)Lightspeed Wrote: If it came from a ship in the channel, it will be relatively easy to narrow down to the culprit. Ships in the channel are handled like aircraft coming into airports. They are logged and tracked in real time and that tracking is recorded. With known wind direction and strength, a back track can be calculated, isolating just a few vessels, maybe a single one?

Which is what makes me suspect it's from a naval vessel, either RN or foreign?

Maybe, but ULCCs and the like have a long reputation for illegal rinsing out of their tanks at sea. My guess is that the culprit, if a ship, could be a bulk gas carrier of some sort.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580