Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit Petition
27 June 2016, 07:53,
Brexit Petition
After all the hard work this man and his team have put in for Brexit it's only fair he should be allowed to take part in the cross party talks. If you agree, you may wish to sign the petition given in the link below:

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-m...n-brussels
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
27 June 2016, 12:11,
RE: Brexit Petition
I'd rather stick burning matches in my eyes than sign that.
ATB
Harry
27 June 2016, 12:36,
(27 June 2016, 12:11)harrypalmer Wrote: I'd rather stick burning matches in my eyes than sign that.

I gave you another link for a new referendum in a PM
27 June 2016, 14:11,
(27 June 2016, 12:11)harrypalmer Wrote: I'd rather stick burning matches in my eyes than sign that.

I only said if you agree, you may wish to sign the petition. I you wish to do that though it's your choice. That's what being in a democracy is all about.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
27 June 2016, 14:36,
Harry, I enjoy your posts, but get a grip, man! You live in a democracy. You'll win a few, lose a few, and some games will be rained out. Suck it up and keep prepping. That EU membership won't save your sorry tail when the fecal matter hits the rotating airfoil.

Sermon endeth!

JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
27 June 2016, 15:39,
I don't have a dog in this fight, so will politely stay quiet and listen, but I enjoy the discussion, because I believe there are lessons in it for us as well. Just so that you don't all feel alone, in the US we feel equally frustrated, as this op-ed piece from the Delmarva Now explains:

They don’t trust either candidate, but they’ll grimace and vote for one of them.

"Elections matter. But what do people really want?

"As the host of a radio show, I get to talk to people for a living. I talk with policy wonks, politicians and, most important, real people with real concerns and real needs.

"The Verizon worker leaning a 25-foot ladder up against a tree in 20 mph winds hoping to retire in a couple of years without worrying that his pension and medical insurance could vanish.

"Yeah, he’s one of the few U.S. employees with a defined benefit pension and he likes it. He also knows full well that defined benefit pensions are not sustainable with a smaller population of workers coming up behind him. These people are not stupid.

"He likes his union and wants it to be strong while his kid gets a degree in nursing.

'Let the next generation figure it out.'

"He doesn’t believe a thing Hillary says and laughs at the mention of Trump’s name.

"He’s been around long enough to know better than to trust either one.

"He casually says he’ll probably vote straight ticket Democrat because that’s what he always does. His eyes freeze in a thoughtful glaze and he admits, “or maybe not.”

"There’s the guy who learned he had a knack for painting cars as a teenager. Now he’s in his 50s and owns a shop that had to lay off an employees because a new regulation is costing him thousands of dollars in compliance.

"He even got an EPA inspector to confess the regulation does “nothing” to improve any environmental conditions. It just “makes money for the government.”

"He works weekends to get the jobs done himself because the cost of making money “for the government” means he cannot afford the extra employee he needs. No way any Democrat gets his vote.

"There’s the woman whose counseling helped her finally realize her drug and alcohol problems actually stem from her inability to cope with being sexually abused as a child. She was seeing a therapeutic counselor briefly until she couldn’t afford it because her Obamacare policy has a $3,000 deductible.

"She has insurance, but can’t afford to use it.

"Vodka is cheaper. She doesn’t talk about voting.

"Listen to the guy who’s been cutting trees, driving snowplows and doing every task thrown his way working for the state’s Department of Transportation. He likes his benefits, but it’s tough to feed a family when your starting salary is just under $12 an hour.

"If the person you’re talking to believes Hillary Clinton will push for policies that will make his or her life better, they don’t even care if she is convicted of the crimes for which she is being investigated.

"If the person you’re talking to believes Donald Trump will push for policies that will make his or her life better, they don’t care if some paunchy, six-figure salaried pundit calls his statements “controversial.”

"They care about their families and their future.
"They don’t trust either one of the candidates.
"Still, they’ll grimace and vote for one of them."

Rick Jensen is a conservative talk show host on WDEL. Email him at rick@wdel.com, or follow on Twitter: @Jensen1150WDEL.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
27 June 2016, 18:46,
(27 June 2016, 14:11)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote:

I only said if you agree, you may wish to sign the petition. I you wish to do that though it's your choice. That's what being in a democracy is all about.

Well I agree and the 25000 mark was just passed, I have yet to see one video where this man has been wrong.

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
28 June 2016, 12:35,
We were all led to believe that due to Boris being a buffoon Brexit did not stand a chance, but look where we are. As to whether at the end of the day the wishes of the majority of the population will be honoured is another thing. Politicians are very well know for the manipulation and alteration of words and deeds to suit their own agendas. as I have never ever voted for any form of conservative in my life, nor belonged to the party any opinion I have as to who the next Prime Minister should be will never be taken into consideration, if Lord Sutch were still alive I would definietly start a petition on his behalf as in this mad situation who better than a raving bonkers would be politician who admits as much, and on what planet does anyone think that a petition will cut any mustard with those in power.
If the political pace continues as it does it would not surprise me to see a general election before the end of the year, but there is no party now that either has the b"*****s or the charisma to actually do the job, Labour is so imploding that there is nothing left, and who can tell the difference between anyone else, I remember the days of the hung parliaments it was not nice but until someone steps up to the mark and actually does what the majority of the people want, and not what the ones with loudest voices want I foresee a very disagreeable future with no progress towards our exit, with or with out Boris at the helm.
As a by note I really would not like to play monopoly with these people when they throw the board across the room on loosing you never find all the pieces, and that little dog sinking into your foot without your slippers is really painful, just like this situation.

three essentials for WTSHTF, a good larder, a good library, and a good loo.