Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE WAR ON HONESTY • OPINION
6 July 2016, 13:30,
THE WAR ON HONESTY • OPINION
I am absolutely flabbergasted that this could actually happen.

If a similar event occurred in UK I would expect your Official Secrets Act would not be brushed off as lightly.

The consequences of this are grave as to the future of Britain or other NATO signatories sharing intelligence with the US.

This action means that the US Government and its agents can no longer be trusted with your secrets!

-----------------------------------
James Comey Sells Out

FBI Director's cowardly decision will go down as one of the government’s worst assaults on truth

By Austin Bay • 07/05/16 2:00pm http://observer.com/2016/07/james-comey-sells-out/

Today, the FBI sold out the Rule of Law in America. After describing clear evidence of extensive mishandling of classified national security information, FBI Director James Comey announced that the FBI will not recommend indicting former secretary of state Hillary Clinton. This is naked crony government, ugly and exposed. Comey’s decision will go down as one of the government’s worst assaults on truth in its War on Honesty.

Today’s press conference was, in many respects, an exercise in legal and cognitive dissonance. Comey acknowledged Clinton sent and received Top Secret emails that “any reasonable person” understands not to discuss on an unclassified system.
Red flags? Excuse me, sir—that’s a crime.

Comey also acknowledged her email system was housed on unclassified personal servers that lacked full time security systems. Indeed, nations and groups hostile to the U.S. could have hacked the system. Comey acknowledged “hostile actors” hacked individuals corresponding with Clinton on her unauthorized system. She also used her unsecured personal system outside of the U.S.—in places where sophisticated adversaries could hack her communications.

Comey called this careless. Sir, it is reprehensible.

It is reckless disregard of American security.

Then he said he would not recommend indictment.

This is beyond outrage. Everyone who has carried a Top Secret clearance and had access to Top Secret information knows that Clinton has criminally violated the laws protecting classified information. These laws serve a purpose. Protecting security secrets is essential to protecting America.

Concern for U.S. defense did not guide Comey’s decision nor did respect for the rule of law. His decision is shaped—warped—by the craven politics of his political bosses. The Lynch-Clinton Phoenix Airport confab is an external, media-apparent manifestation. Does a reasonable prosecutor meet “secretly with the husband of someone under investigation”?

FBI Counter-Intelligence serves as America’s frontline domestic defender. It is tasked with destroying enemy spy rings, tracking potential terrorists and stopping terrorist attacks on U.S. territory. The Director’s failure to encourage prosecution makes his own department’s job much harder. It will undermine the morale of U.S. security personnel.

Comey’s kowtow to the partisan political interests of the Obama Administration and its powerful elitists will add to the erosion of faith in the American system and embed a bitter partisanship that will take a decade or more to bridge.

I am certain he expects an angry reaction, and he should also expect sustained anger. Public trust in the federal government is near an all-time low, and Comey’s decision is a heavy blow. Elitists should prepare for sustained disrespect of laws they favor. A large slice of the American population, fed up with crony government and crony capitalism, will begin experimenting with civil disobedience. As a former community organizer, President Obama is no position to object.

As noted, Comey claimed he cannot be sure that American enemies hacked Hillary’s rogue system. However, on July 4—U.S. Independence Day—Julian Assange andWikileaks splashed 1,258 of Clinton’s emails onto the web.

Now, several intelligence and defense analysts believe Assange is a Russian spy. I don’t know, but my gut tells me not to dismiss the possibility. I suspect Vladimir Putin is well positioned to blackmail President Hillary. For that matter, Putin is positioned to blackmail Obama. He is also positioned to impeach Comey’s foolish, cowardly decision.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
6 July 2016, 15:47,
RE: THE WAR ON HONESTY • OPINION
I see it , i hear it and cannot believe it either Charles....it begs the question ARE THERE ANY HONEST PEOPLE in the USA or the UK in fact anywhere ? ......we all need to stand up and fight .....but for who ? is there any people with integrity left ? willing to come forward and lead . I really do wonder
6 July 2016, 16:03,
Listening to the FBI Director, it seemed like while while he was going along with the script forced on him, he also seemed to be telling the public that the charges against her were valid.

Knowing the number of people who crossed the Clinton's and died under mysterious circumstances my take is that he didn't want to be found dead! So, in that regard I'm not really surprised with what happened.

But, there comes a point where you must face reality know that your government is hopelessly corrupt, though you still maintain a sliver of hope that the agencies tasked with safeguarding our citizens have the ethical leadership to do so.

But then suddenly, POOF!, a whole lifetime's faith in the system is gone...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
6 July 2016, 16:39,
I am really surprised that you are surprised!

Did you actually think a Clinton would be held accountable for any action they took?

The family has been above the law since 1992. Bill should have been in prison for rape and contempt of congress since before his second term and Hillary is guilty as sin of aiding and abetting rape and sexual molestation from that era and guilty of treason in the present day. Everyone knows it and everyone also knew she would get away with it!

The fact that you expected one of them to be held accountable is a bit naïve.

And remember, it does not matter who you vote for, what matters is who counts the votes.
7 July 2016, 14:46,
Welcome to the newest "banana republic"! The USA is now officially a nation WORL!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!