Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello with a question
5 August 2016, 16:31,
Hello with a question
Hi, Iv'e been looking at the survival uk site for about a year now. I prefer the uk based feel as most others talk about guns and storing decades of food etc.
I'm more the basic budget prepper, ready for natural, manmade or personal problems that may occur. As none of us know what may come, at least we know that we have tried our best to prepare.
I would like to maybe start a thread on "Prepping on a budget" and say what I have been up to. Maybe others on the same thought wave or have similar styles of prepping might be able to share knowledge. Maybe even get an article of some kind added to the website with such info.
My prepping is based on bugging in, but ready to bug out if needed. But not spending loads of cash in the process, at the same time ready to survive for months if needed.
So I'm wondering which section should I place such a post?
"Prepping on a budget"

I feel that new folk here might find it an easier way into prepping, or a starting point as there is so much about homesteads and self sufficiency that it kind of scares you off. Feeling that your simple prepping is not worth mentioning here or has any value.
Your thoughts would be welcome.
5 August 2016, 16:48,
RE: Hello with a question
Welcome Ali

Prepping on a budget is what we all do, its just that some have bigger budgets than others.

Bugging in but with mobility planning is good, but your still going to need a good stock of basic foodstuffs, living off the land in the UK is extremely difficult even for those of us with experience.

Why not kick off a thread on basic, budget food buying and storage? Whats on offer in stores this week etc.
ATB
Harry
5 August 2016, 17:04,
S13 did a fair bit off stuff on getting prepps done on low budgets and ways of obtaining stuff on the cheep, start there Ali take a look (search) some of S13 s work and of course Big Pauls skip diving ideas.....Welcome mate !
5 August 2016, 17:17,
All the supermarkets down here lock the skips so no skip diving. I was thinking more of a 'clean' approach and reporting on 'best buys' in UK stores, vacuum sealing, dehydrating ?
ATB
Harry
5 August 2016, 18:35,
Yes i know where you were coming from Harry and yes i agree....just saying there is more to be had on industrial estate skips all you need to do is ask....most will let you take stuff out for free...a small box of tea bags can get you a fair old way.....prepps is more than just food .
5 August 2016, 20:18,
I agree, I love skips, not food skips as they (as said) pretty much a no near me and further afield. I did pick up some steel poles from a skip last year which may/will make an antenna Smile
ATB
Harry
5 August 2016, 20:38,
Hello and welcome from Norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 August 2016, 20:43,
Hi Ali

Welcome to the forums and do get involved as then you'll soon start to get a lot more out of the forum.

If you just want to tell others about what you are doing at anytime, stick it on this thread:

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...0&page=196

Otherwise feel free to start up your own thread, probably best under the Open Box:

http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78

And if you'd rather not listen to the negativity of any particular members, just stick them on your ignore list and they'll soon disappear Wink
5 August 2016, 22:58,
Ok thanks for the comments, and thanks Devonian for answering my question and I hear what your saying there thank you...
I will sleep on it and see if this might be a viable place for some positive feedback and bouncing useful ideas about.
6 August 2016, 07:52,
Welcome to the forum, we all prep on a budget here ok some have a bigger budget but we arnt talking millions , some start with only a few pounds a week it all adds up in the long run, take a look around the forum there's loads of great threads about prepping on a budget we all like to save a few quid .
A very basic prep for me would be 21 days of food and water per person with a first aid kit then start adding to it ,shelter, fishing kit etc
Just remember sometimes it's cheaper to spend a little more on better quality , have fun
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/