Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WW3
27 August 2016, 20:49,
RE: WW3
These you might find MUCH more useful in our current era:

https://www.amazon.com/Without-Conscienc...obert+Hare

"Snakes In Suits" I found particularly valuable in my working career and in fact life saving...

https://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When...obert+Hare

Hare, the author of Without Conscience, is a world-renowned expert on psychopathy, and Babiak is an industrial-organizational psychologist. Recently the two came together to study how psychopaths operate in corporations, and the results were surprising. They found that it's exactly the modern, open, more flexible corporate world, in which high risks can equal high profits, that attracts psychopaths. They may enter as rising stars and corporate saviors, but all too soon they're abusing the trust of colleagues, manipulating supervisors, and leaving the workplace in shambles.

Snakes in Suits is a compelling, frightening, and scientifically sound look at exactly how psychopaths work in the corporate environment: what kind of companies attract them, how they negotiate the hiring process, and how they function day by day. You'll learn how they apply their "instinctive" manipulation techniques -- assessing potential targets, controlling influential victims, and abandoning those no longer useful -- to business processes such as hiring, political command and control, and executive succession, all while hiding within the corporate culture. It's a must read for anyone in the business world, because whatever level you're at, you'll learn the subtle warning signs of psychopathic behavior and be able to protect yourself and your company -- before it's too late.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
27 August 2016, 22:47,
Hare is well known in the UK, I first heard of him at a lecture I attended whilst in the army, arguably a psychopath can make a good NCO or officer in the armed forces so its not just the corporate world they flourish in. I have a copy of Snakes in Suits, I'll order a copy of Without Conscience.

Army pals arrived today en route to a training exercise, they were well fed and happy, all is good with the world tonight Smile Two are coming back next week to stay a while...I fear much Veisalgia will result in their stay.
ATB
Harry
27 August 2016, 23:12,
If you like Robert D. Hare, you might find useful Gavin de Becker:

Just Two Seconds

The Gift of Fear

Fear Less

All good reads...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia