Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing me
29 August 2016, 21:07,
Introducing me
Evenin' All,
I can't say that I call myself a serious prepper, but there are a few topics that I would like to learn about and this place looks like there may be some practical answers rather than theoretical waffle. And, who knows, it might lead off at a tangent.

It won't take many of you long to work out that I am heavily involved on a UK Bushcraft forum, so I'll do what I can to contribute to that section here.

The main reason for joining today is that I'm looking to improve my knowledge about radio communications using small hand-held units - I was involved in a mountain event this weekend and comms were sometimes good, sometimes not-so-good.

Ogri the trog
Anyway, enough
30 August 2016, 00:04,
RE: Introducing me
Welcome Ogri.

If you're looking for comms info I'd advise you to do a search for posts from Lightspeed, our resident expert.
30 August 2016, 07:29,
Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
30 August 2016, 09:08,
Welcome Ogri, Lightspeed and I are both well into ham radio so any questions just ask away.

First thing to do is get your ham radio Foundation License, its very easy to pass and gets you on air legally.
ATB
Harry
30 August 2016, 11:10,
Hello and welcome. Plenty of comms stuff here including a new post on the main site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin