Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germans, Czech and Finland told to stock up
18 September 2016, 18:33,
RE: Germans, Czech and Finland told to stock up
I know people that are still in "recovery mode" from the 2008-'09 economic crash and they will tel you very quickly that one year of food and cash is not enough.

10 days will get you through a good snow storm in my area. I have seen time I did not leave the house for a week just because it was pouring rain. No problem, just open another can of soup.

Most of my neighbors are not preppers and they keep more than that in their pantry, just in case the snow falls and the power goes out.
18 September 2016, 19:33,
Ditto here MB. I don't think there is a single household in our little community that doesn't have at least three months reserve of fuel and foodstuffs.

Here the world revolves around severe winters. Either dealing with the current one, repairing after the last, or preparing for the next. Its just a way of life, not Prepping or Survivalism, just what needs to be done in order to have a life here.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 September 2016, 12:09,
I live on the outskirts of a large town and most of the people I know do a weekly shop with a couple of families shopping daily. I suspect that like most of us that covers the basics and that they could last several weeks beyond that especially when they start being careful. With people not being able to get fuel they will all be at home. I don't see anyone in our street doing a lot of visiting because few know anyone outside their local, within 3 houses, neighbours. This situation will likely make them visit the ones they know though and discuss the situation.

I have enough for our family for six months easily but enough for the neighbours for less than a week. Even if I include the people I can see a benefit to join forces with I don't have the supplies for them. I have discussing having stores with them but they think they are fine and could survive a month easily. without making a declaration, and giving them a big clue about my preps, I can't see any way to encourage them to increase their preps. The just don't see an issue. To make matters worse these people have older kids some with partners and I can see them tagging on to their parents which makes things worse.

Keeping inside and keeping our heads down should be OK. If we can appear to be the same as everyone else on the few occasions we interact then we will be fine.

It will only take one person to tell others about stores in my home and we will be swamped.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 September 2016, 14:42,
Having enough to supply the community forever is not the point SD. The problem of feeding the masses through the end of the world is not at issue. Neither is your personal opsec or who is privy to what information. That is a mind set not covered by a government recommending a 10 day food supply either.

From a long term survival point IF an emergency is declared and IF it appears that the situation will extend past the ten day rations EVERYONE is supposed to have that ten days is the time we should be measuring our odds for evacuation to a safe place with what remains of our food and gear.

Chances are the problem is going to be solved inside the ten day limit.