Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scopes
30 January 2012, 14:41,
Scopes
Please move this if I've put it in the wrong area!

Right, scopes. I picked up the BSA Ultra air rifle, er, carbine on Saturday from NR. It's fecking brilliant. The scope on it is a 4x20, which is pretty good to be honest. I find that the aperture is a bit too small though, I struggle to see down it properly (and I can't get too close cause of me goggles)

Can anyone recommend one that's a bit wider? I'm not sure if that's the right word actually. Something with a larger lens diameter?

Obviously the cheaper the better, but still good quality (don't want much do i?)

If you see this NR, what was that shorty scope you had on the crossbow? That looked like the type of thing I could do with.
30 January 2012, 15:07,
RE: Scopes
wifes got a 3-9X40 on her Crossman Ratcatcher, i've got an SMK 4X32 fitted to my SMK co2 rifle AND my BSA Meteor break barrel, no problem with any of these, and we both wear glasses!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2012, 15:09,
(30 January 2012, 15:07)bigpaul Wrote: wifes got a 3-9X40 on her Crossman Ratcatcher, i've got an SMK 4X32 fitted to my SMK co2 rifle AND my BSA Meteor break barrel, no problem with any of these, and we both wear glasses!!

Are they 'fat' ones? I mean a large diameter?
30 January 2012, 15:17,
(30 January 2012, 15:09)00111001 Wrote:
(30 January 2012, 15:07)bigpaul Wrote: wifes got a 3-9X40 on her Crossman Ratcatcher, i've got an SMK 4X32 fitted to my SMK co2 rifle AND my BSA Meteor break barrel, no problem with any of these, and we both wear glasses!!

not huge, but if a 63 year old whose worn glasses for the last 56 years can use them, without any problem, anyone can! if you can find a gunshop that stocks them go and try before you buy.(remember to point them at the window when you try them, or else like me, you wont see a thing!Tongue).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2012, 15:18,
(30 January 2012, 15:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(30 January 2012, 15:09)00111001 Wrote:

not huge, but if a 63 year old whose worn glasses for the last 56 years can use them, without any problem, anyone can! if you can find a gunshop that stocks them go and try before you buy.(remember to point them at the window when you try them, or else like me, you wont see a thing!Tongue).

Good plan - Hard to tell from Google if it's what I'm after. There;s got to be a half decent gun shop round 'ere somewhere!
30 January 2012, 15:43,
(30 January 2012, 14:41)00111001 Wrote: Please move this if I've put it in the wrong area!

Right, scopes. I picked up the BSA Ultra air rifle, er, carbine on Saturday from NR. It's fecking brilliant. The scope on it is a 4x20, which is pretty good to be honest. I find that the aperture is a bit too small though, I struggle to see down it properly (and I can't get too close cause of me goggles)

Can anyone recommend one that's a bit wider? I'm not sure if that's the right word actually. Something with a larger lens diameter?

AGS 6 x 40 fifth generation elite.

1 February 2012, 21:30,
by the best scope you can afford

b/d