Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shooting
24 January 2012, 19:12,
RE: shooting
(24 January 2012, 18:00)bigpaul Wrote: even a cursory visit by mr. plod may bring up the question "why have you got all this food then?" and at the very least will mark me down as some kind of nutter or a Mr.Trebus ( a well known TV hoarder-now deceased).

BP,

The come to your house and go in the rooms you take them into to discuss your suitability. They will also want to verify the gun safe is in place and secure so that room also is visited. besides that they are not interested. I'm sure you can move your stuff for two days plus a day, pre arranged, every five years.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 January 2012, 19:44,
I have found the same too. The officers are pleasant & helpful and do not pry beyond there statute duty. If some thing was obvious and out of the norm and it applied to the law, then they may take an interest - but as law abiding citizens and happy legal certificated gun owners. then there is no need to worry. Indeed these folks would be out of a job if licences started being repealed left right and centre. many firearms departments are already downsized or merged as it is. They rarely visit as they are mowed out with work & understaffed.
If the balloon went up, then I think we would not be a priority for a gun grab. Actually we may well be called upon as legally authorised citizens to bolster the authorities forces. This has happened in the history with emergency formation of militias to counter invasion threats, including during the 2nd WW. More recently, firearms holders, who had until the event being receiving ever greater preassure against their sport, were suddenly requested by the government authorites to help out in the animal culling when the Foot&Mouth disease went rampant. These self same firearms owners were suddenly given greater freedoms and were issued with expanding hollow point ammunition which was beyond civilian use normally. Do not think that guns are bad. If that was the case, then we would not be allowed them in the first place. what will happen if Bird flu takes hold or other biological diseases like rabies etc. Legal gun owners may well be in high favour.
Another thing I do not quite understand fully is this point about staying off the official radar by not going down the gun licencing route. I do not see this as a valid theory as if you wanted to be off the authorites radar, then you would not post all over the Prepper forums. that is more likely to get your name on some spooks list. In fact by professing the willingness to stay off the radar and talking about not wanting ones stash discovered by visiting officials, is one sure way to make it look like you have something to hide.
As a law abiding responsible citizen, you have nothing to hide and should raise no red flags. What you dont want them to know, then don't tell & remember to tidy up before having friends round..
24 January 2012, 19:56,
sorry guys, i prefer to keep plod away from my house, not let them inside, for any reason, plod by their very nature are a nosy bunch and so i will NOT go down the gun licence route-period. i have had this conversation before on other sites and my answer is always the same.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 January 2012, 10:36,
I agree 100% with Timelord.
25 January 2012, 17:49,
To right B.P. once a cop always a cop, very nosey if nothing said or mentioned, but still taking notes mentally for later.
25 January 2012, 17:59,
(25 January 2012, 17:49)uks Wrote: To right B.P. once a cop always a cop, very nosey if nothing said or mentioned, but still taking notes mentally for later.

correct, modern coppers are not like the old fashioned coppers i knew growing up in the 50s and 60s, the modern lot will shop you in an instant-for even a small infringement- if only to further their careers or get their sergeants stripes up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 January 2012, 18:13,
I think ex military should be allowed to keep they rifle as part of a national defence force is it Switzerland that doe's this?.
25 January 2012, 18:17,
(25 January 2012, 18:13)uks Wrote: I think ex military should be allowed to keep they rifle as part of a national defence force is it Switzerland that doe's this?.

i'm not sure i like the idea of EX military running around with guns, i can see Corporal Jones running around shouting"they dont like it up em!"Tongue
25 January 2012, 19:08,
(18 January 2012, 23:22)bowdrill Wrote: nice to hear a few of us hunt i do like the air rifle bsa super 10 air arms s200 and a couple of others plus shotguns etc
will be out sat hope for a few more phesants Smile also lamping tomo for a few rabbits so should eat quite well next week

all the best
b/d

hello you cant beat fresh shot rabbit or any game all organic and free have hw77 .22 does the job
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 January 2012, 19:25,
(25 January 2012, 19:08)Barneyboy Wrote: hello you cant beat fresh shot rabbit or any game all organic .

how true! i'd live on game if i could.