Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
14 October 2016, 21:29,
RE: Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
I just monitor you lot and then pick the bones out of your concerns , I think there's enough of you monitoring all the news/media from all angles to keep me safe lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
14 October 2016, 21:34,
http://www.snopes.com/defcon-warning-lev...ated-to-3/

ORIGIN:On 20 June 2016 the felon-run conspiracy web site SuperStation95 reported that the U.S. had raised the national defense readiness alert level because "something very big is taking place":

At 9:43 PM Eastern US last night (Sunday, June 19) the Armed Forces of the United States were reportedly ordered to set condition "DEFCON 3." This is an extraordinary development and signals serious trouble, LIKELY requiring an expedited military response.

The defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is an alert state used by the United States Armed Forces.

The DEFCON system was developed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) and unified and specified combatant commands. It prescribes five graduated levels of readiness (or states of alert) for the U.S. military. It increases in severity from DEFCON 5 (least severe) to DEFCON 1 (most severe) to match varying military situations.

To understand the severity of DefCon 3, it would help to realize that on September 10, 2001, the US Military was at DefCon 5. When the attacks of September 11 took place, the US Military was upgraded only to DefCon 4.

For the US to have implemented DefCon 3 at 9:43 PM EDT on a Sunday night, means something very big is taking place.

The SuperStation95 article (which leaned heavily on words like "likely" and "reportedly") appeared to include manually-published updates, the bulk of which were transcribed tweets lifted from (but not attributed to) the Twitter account of the (non-government related) DEFCON Warning System web site:

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 October 2016, 21:58,
Nothing alluding to raised threat level on any of the open-source emergency management listservs I subscribe to.

Nor are there any rumbles on open source intel and international news sites such as Stratfor, Debka, Global Security, The Center for Security Policy, Defense One, Janes 360, Die Welt, Deutche Welle, La Monde, La Stampa, Speigel, France 24, etc.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
14 October 2016, 23:05,
Im tracking Defcon Warning System.

It could be tin-foil-hat groupies but if you look at the Raw Data
particularly air and sea movements, you do see an upscaling
of concern
14 October 2016, 23:11,
Ive just checked the Snopes article. I guess its a typical takedown piece.

forgetting the Defcon level for the moment, check out the raw info on the right hand side of the page on the Defcon website.

Movement of nuclear weapons into Kaliningrad
Russian Naval Task force sails from Murmansk
US forces getting antsy re Syria
China increasing readiness in South China Sea
Iran puts its fleet into action

Where's Boris when you need him?
14 October 2016, 23:20,
Charles

You may have missed this Jane's report

Russian sends cruise missiles to med

http://www.janes.com/article/64460/russi...iterranean
15 October 2016, 03:01,
RS, Thx. New posting on Janes since I last looked. Credible source.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA