Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
13 October 2016, 00:47,
RE: Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
MB asks whats the difference between Subs of coast and these Iskander missiles?
Quite simply the sub missiles are strategic city busters. The Iskander SS26 are tactical battlefield.

Certainly if they start using them then we are all doomed anyway and so Charles' preps of single malt (or in my case a good cognac) together with some fine cigars will do the job.

If however we are talking about a war where Putin takes over Europe and President Trump decides to abandon NATO, then we are in a surivival situation and possibly guerrilla warfare.

C heck out the Swiss Civilian manual and possibly the Poor Mans James Bond books
13 October 2016, 00:48,
I would need something stronger than my usual HBC
13 October 2016, 03:56,
The "big three" nuclear powers have nothing to gain from an exchange. I made this statement in war gaming 30 years ago and was laughed at because of my age then. TodaY I will REPEAT the same statement that among China, Russia, USA it is not going to happen. Sabre rattling which pushed it to the fake brink maybe, but "pickles hot - all release" is NOT going to happen. That is because there is no way to win against the U.S. strategic nuclear plan. There are four platforms loosely tied together that ALL have to struck to keep the U.S. from countering any first strike attempt, and in the MAD scenario there are no winners.

I am not aware of the current doctrine, and have been told that these days a limited response would involve absorbing a first strike, which is folly, because a likely adversary would launch a counter-force, decapitation strike, and not a counter-value strike against critical infrastructure.

If it gets to that point there are no winners... Tome to break out the 21-year-old Balvanie and the Churchill Cohibas...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 October 2016, 09:18,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMU2iBsL...GOb2f7E1Ew
13 October 2016, 10:57,
From todays Survivalblog.com - Rawles writes:

" One of my contacts who serves on a General Staff mentioned that the recent news reports about contingency plans for a war with Russia have actually under-reported the intensity of the planning effort. There is now a quite frequent shuttling of general officers around the world, to attend logistical planning meetings. My source mentioned that high level staff meetings have been going on since the Ukraine crisis began in late 2013, but they have recently intensified.

If you are not yet concerned about the possible advent of World War III, then you should be. The recent policy shift toward the U.S. providing lethal aid to the Ukrainian Army (approved by Congress in late 2015, but delayed by the BHO administration and likely start in earnest, after the November election) will surely be seen as provocative by the Russians. And of course with so many proxy armies now in play, events could very easily spin out of control in Syria. Stock up, folks. And if you still live in a target area (read: in or downwind of a major population center or a military target), then it is high time to relocate. John Lithgow (as Dr. Emilio Lizardo) said it best: “The clock, she is a-ticking!” – JWR
13 October 2016, 11:02,
(13 October 2016, 09:18)Ali Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMU2iBsL...GOb2f7E1Ew

Just a little less "tin foil hat" than Alex Jones.

I'm sure that the Russian equivalents quote Alex as "main stream opinion".

Having said that. it doesn't stop my worries
13 October 2016, 15:29,
Ali, you need to get some credible sources mate
ATB
Harry
13 October 2016, 15:46,
Bravo Zulu HP.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
13 October 2016, 21:11,
I swear CH is MB's straight man ! ....i was down a bit today ....but now i feel a load better ...thanks for picking me up some boys lol .
13 October 2016, 21:15,
SS,

Damn Beave, you figured me out 8-) Extra rum ration for you tonite after vespers!

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA