Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Jersey, CI.
31 October 2016, 23:35,
Greetings from Jersey, CI.
Hello Everyone

Ever since being shown the film Threads in English class when I was 14 I have been obessed with WW3. So for nearly 30 years I have watched every film, documentary that there is on the subject and consider myself actually pretty clued up on the subject.

And what a subject. No one wants to really talks about it but in the shadows of the internet. I consider myself fairly well prepared too. I am actually banking on little blast damage at this location but am prepared to make repairs if need be. I have masks, goggles, overalls and gloves for the fallout and potassium iodine tablets with a survey meter and dosimeter. I can store up to 100 litres of water at last count and numerous power sources although this needs improvement.

I could go on but I suspect some of you have better kits but I am probably the only prepper in Jersey lol. I made a FOI request and States of Jersey have zero plans for Nuclear War so my survival is up to me.

I take this very seriously and hope to pick up some tips from those more experienced than myself.

The Cold War was easy. Two paranoid superpowers but there was trust and communication. There was also a fairly good acceptance of MAD. Personally I think Cold War 2 started when Cold War 1 ended. It is only a matter of time until this is hot.

Just thought I would introduce myself!!
1 November 2016, 02:52,
RE: Greetings from Jersey, CI.
Welcome JP, your not the only prepper in (New) Jersey, I have a friend I met in the British Army who was serving over her in the UK (and sandy places) , he lives in New Jersey and preps way above my level.

Prep away, don't let it rule your life, that leads to the path of medication.
ATB
Harry
1 November 2016, 07:17,
Hello Harry
I am Jersey, Channel Islands, UK. A 45 square mile piece of rock in the English Channel. Thanks for the welcome.
I
1 November 2016, 07:21,
Welcome JP.......i am on full medication.
1 November 2016, 08:10,
Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
1 November 2016, 08:58,
Still stands Tigs, prepping should be considered a potentially useful hobby and not a lifestyle...tin foil hat territory awaits at the end of that path lol

Never been to Jersey CI, been to Guernsey which was nice.

Get into ham radio.
ATB
Harry
1 November 2016, 13:15,
Cheers guys yes want to avoid tin hat territory although some people I know suspect I border on that realm already!! Yes Ham radio Deffo looking into this as we speak. Seems totally essential!!!
1 November 2016, 16:30,
Welcome Aboard! The CI are very much preferable to America's so-called "Garden State" and home of Tony Soprano!

Ditto on HP's suggestion re ham radio.

A GJ or MJ callsign prefix from Jersey is an instant "pileup" starter in the US, as your island is a valued DX location!~

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
1 November 2016, 18:29,
Thanks CharlesHarris I am looking into it as we speak !