Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I been here before?
18 November 2016, 17:58,
Have I been here before?
I once belonged to a UK prepping group which was organized in a similar fashion (board wise) but then I moved and lost contact. In the event I've just lost my mind completely, thought I would take a moment and say 'hi'. I think I follow this group on Twitter?

Anyway, long ago and far away from Hong Kong; moved back to the USA (California) last year moved to Texas...where prepping is the norm, not the oddity. Truly refreshing.

Did a two week "live only on your preps" challenge which was very illuminating (read at http://justkathrynl.blogspot.com if you've nothing better to do), learned a lot. Realized with a vegan daughter we didn't have a lot of food stores which she could eat, so I became a freeze dried foods distributor (not a plug, just a fact) which has made us feel a lot more comfortable as far as meeting her food needs is concerned.

Mom of 5, one lives overseas in Guam, one in CA, three here in Texas (oldest son is a paramedic...can I tell you how bizarrely difficult it is to put together a solid medic kit??) Anyway, that's about it.

Looking forward to reading the site. If this is the group I think it is, I learned a lot from you all before; if it's a new group, I look forward to learning more!
18 November 2016, 19:02,
RE: Have I been here before?
Personal Trauma Kit contents vary and the kit should be personalized. You should also know how to use each item in the kit, both on yourself as well as someone else. Trauma Kit is for more than just gunshot wounds. It can handle burns, blast injuries, penetration injuries, tension pneumothorax, and the like. If you have a kit like this, you must the proper training to use the medical gear in it.

US military does not have a standard kit, USA, USN, and USMC have different contents and even then are not standardized within the service; contents are usually mission-specific and some components are left out due to training issues. This kit is not for everyday carry, but if in the bush hunting, hiking, wood cutting, shooting or doing anything with accident potential, it is definitely there. Bringing up here just for conversation.

Good link for detailed information:
http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/O...calBag.htm

PTK contents weigh 12 ounces, stow into a 5” X 5” X 2” zippered nylon pouch and fit into a BDU pocket:

1 ZIPPERED NYLON POUCH
1 INSTRUCTION SHEET
1 QUIK CLOT 3.5 OUNCES SINGLE DOSE PACKET
1 EMT SHEARS
1 ASHERMAN CHEST SEAL
2 PAIRS OF NITRILE GLOVES
1 BLOOD STOPPER BANDAGE
1 PETROLATUM GAUZE DRESSING 3X9 INCHES
1 ACE ELASTIC BANDAGE 3 INCH
2 PACKETS OF SURGI-LUBE
1 NPA NASAL AIRWAY 28F
10 4X4 INCH GAUZE PADS
2 4X4 WATER-JEL BURN DRESSINGS
2 SANI-DEX HAND WIPES
1 ROLL OF 1 INCH CLEAR MEDICAL TAPE
1 14 GAUGE OVER THE NEEDLE CATHETER FOR CHEST DECOMPRESSION
1 C.A.T. TOURNIQUET
2 PRIMED COMPRESSION GAUZE CINCH TIGHT
MED CONTAINER:
Meloxicam (Mobic) 15 milligrams (mg) x 2.
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 500 mg x 6.
Gatifloxicin 400 mg x 1.

List for a larger general-purpose vehicle kit from a supplier of public safety equipment has useful list of contents for planning purposes Dyna Med Modular Trauma III BLS Kit Dyna Med Mfg # TK083 : http://www.galls.com/dyna-med-modular-tr...Q89rvzF9Ro Developed for trained BLS providers,Law Enforcement Officers and EMTs, kit contains essentials needed to provide basic lifesaving care including airways, dressings, and a variety of equipment. Measures 15"H x 18"W x 9"D; 2,430 cubic inches. Comes equipped with five different color-coded modules, One large lid pocket and three outside side pockets, Side walls foam filled for protection and support, D-rings for securing bag to ambulance or helicopter surface, Waterproof bottom. BLS Kit Contents: [not sure how well formatting will carry over, but here's trying]

Airway Burn
1 CPR Mask 1 Burn Sheet
1 Berman Airway Kit 1 Burn Pad (4" x 4")
Dressings & Bandages Equipment & Supplies
16 Bandages (1" x 3") 1 First Aid Booklet
2 Abdominal Pads (5" x 9") 2 Small Cold Packs
1 Trauma Dressing (12" x 30") 1 Disposable Foam Blanket
10 Gauze Pads (3" x 3") 1 Space Blanket
20 Gauze Pads (4" x 4") 10 Sting and Bite Swab Kit
2 Blood Stoppers 10 Pair Nitrile Gloves
2 Gauze Rolls (4" NS) 1 Eye Wash (4 oz)
2 Gauze Rolls (3" NS) 1 SAM Splint (4" x 9")
10 PVP Iodine Wipes 1 Mini Mag Flashlight
10 Alcohol Wipes 1 BP/Stethoscope
10 Antimicrobial Wipes 1 Instrument Pack
1 Waterproof Tape (1") Shears
1 Waterproof Tape (½") Bandage Scissors
1 Elastic Bandage (3") Penlight
1 Elastic Bandage (4") Kelly Forceps
2 Triangular Bandages Splinter Forceps
4 Eye Pads
2 Kerlix (4½")
1 Petroleum Gauze (3" x 9")
10 Antibiotic Ointment (½g)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
19 November 2016, 08:23,
Welcome of is that welcome back to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
19 November 2016, 16:28,
Welcome .... back maybe, but welcome anyway.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin