Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the music stops
16 December 2016, 14:41,
When the music stops
Hi all....not sure how the UK would react, but over here, CONUS, many of us are very worried when our EBT/SNAP card system stops, or is disrupted, as it has, with the ensuing riots, etc...

Here's a scenario to read over and discuss, see if it applies here too:

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.c...-violence/

This is one that i am concerned about, and truck stoppages, shtf in nanoseconds....
16 December 2016, 15:13,
RE: When the music stops
Where I live in West Virginia, many people are dependent on EBT/SNAP cards, and while the infrastructure sometimes hiccups, I've not seen any riots around here. However in the big cities where people are less self reliant, DC, Baltimore, it has happened recently.

In my local area the WV Volunteer Organizations Active In Disasters (WVVOAD) work with churches and community food banks to make sure the most vulnerable are assisted. CERT and Neighborhood Watch help conduct welfare checks in the rural areas and coordinate deliveries with the Meals On Wheels and visiting nurses and home health care aides in the Medical Reserve Corps.

Not sure how localities handle this in UK, but would be interested in hearing from any of the regulars on that in hopes of sharing lessons learned, tips and hints, etc.

Big take-away here is that people at the poverty level seldom have the inclination or means to hoard even a little cash or extra food. The 10kg food boxes we deliver don't go far for a family, but enable them to have a little extra...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 December 2016, 15:16,
Some links with more information on our activities:

https://wvvoad.communityos.org/cms/home

http://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-...oogle.com/

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 December 2016, 15:33,
Charles,

Glad to meet another 'yank here....

before guvco got involved, most, if not all charity/assistance, was local, folks took care of their own, now guvco is the provider in most cases....

what we in suburbia have to deal with, is the golden hoard rolling into our AO in search of their fair share, resources, etc.

Having experienced the most recent riots over the shooting of a convicted felon of color, w a gun, ignoring the orders of a police officer of color, was a vivid reminder of how quickly things will spiral out of control...
16 December 2016, 20:38,
Oh please speak English...... You sound just like my OH - he speaks in military code!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 December 2016, 21:06,
Well said Mary, it is a UK site after all. PSYOP!!! The name sums it up, another ST (septic tank = yank) going the TB (talking bollocks) route and not really centred on Survival which is what I'd hoped this site was all about...lets not go into the racism aspects.
ATB
Harry
16 December 2016, 21:07,
Hi Mary...

old habits die hard....

being in IT and a former .mil commo guy and there you have it...

my wife busts me too... :-)
16 December 2016, 21:10,
(16 December 2016, 21:06)harrypalmer Wrote: Well said Mary, it is a UK site after all. PSYOP!!! The name sums it up, another ST (septic tank = yank) going the TB (talking bollocks) route and not really centred on Survival which is what I'd hoped this site was all about...lets not go into the racism aspects.

The pc/safe space/triggered crowd comes out....

Here in the US, this is considered survival, urban style and considering the UK is being, has been invaded, and has its own issues with the welfare crowd, thought it would be a thought provoking topic..

i forgot, you guys gave up your rights, cant even own sharp knives.....

oh well, sucks to be you when the music stops....
16 December 2016, 22:07,
Your talking bollocks mate...good luck if it hits the fan because I think you'll go down the pan.

Your not a survivalist, your a panic merchant...grow up and get into what it means to survive FFS.
ATB
Harry
16 December 2016, 22:10,
Harry...

you don't know #$%^ about me or background, that's ok....

if it hits, i'll do just fine......