Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening ideas
3 April 2017, 10:40,
Gardening ideas
Yep its that time again, here in the South Wales valleys its sunny and warm today, and lots going on in and around the garden, greenhouse is full of young plants of all shapes and sizes....everything is starting to move...tree seedlings are budding ...plumbs , damsons, apples,pears,fig,elder,bay,and cherry ...raspberries,blackcurrants,gooseberries,strawberries ,redcurrants,and rhubarb coming along nice.

Potatoes are in the ground along with broad beans,onions,peas,and some lettuces under crotch's .

Ground has been dug and turned over on the other patch ready for more veg .
Tomatoes in the greenhouse are moving big time but cucumbers are not moving at all at the moment ? ,

On the herb front ....i will be increasing and introducing new ones this year but what type ? that's where you come in.... what herbs do you grow and why ? are you trying anything new this year ? and how's your garden doing right now ?....you can tell me ....it won't go any further....honest !
5 April 2017, 10:56,
RE: Gardening ideas
Herbs I grow are chives, basil and lemon balm. Black mint is new this year, I want to use it to make spicy sauce
I have recently planted out corn and giant achoocha.
Courgettes are next and I have to acclimatise my toms and sweet peppers.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

18 May 2017, 16:54,
RE: Gardening ideas
My mate John rang me earlier today ...." can you spare me a few minutes pal i 'm stuck " no probs John i'll come on up give me fifteen mins ....up i go ...there he was struggling to roll a tomato up a make shift ramp into to back of his van...HOLD UP John ! don't struggle i run up and put my shoulder in and push ...just about got it to the top and CRACK ! .....bastard he shouts out ......one of the runner beans snapped.....life can be hard when you work the soil...had to use two scaffold planks to get the job done......Life .