Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid winter equipment check
18 January 2017, 07:58,
Mid winter equipment check
We had a break today. It has rained for 8 straight days and before that the temps were below freezing for several more.

Today was cloudy but not wet so I headed to the shooting range, found everyone else had the same idea and returned home.

In the load out for the range I realized the good sleeping bag was in the wrong vehicle so I made some gear changes and checked out the food and water supply.

I had several items I had failed to bring inside the house and got those placed properly. They were quite heavy and I had noticed a drop in gas mileage, probably due to the extra couple of hundred kilos in the back seat floor.

Would you believe I had a new electric wench for the Jeep in there? The weather has been too bad to put it on.

At any rate, I felt like I had accomplished some little thing.

Beats sitting watching the rain fall.
18 January 2017, 16:14,
RE: Mid winter equipment check
Now that the build is complete (just some odds n sods left ) it's time to check and re'evaluate all prepps and have a good sort out....there is stuff stored in many locations....and NOT intended locations either....just dumped for the move , but i will get it done in the coming weeks.....i have loads of projects planned......many are light work in the workshop , i bought a kerosin heater last week for the workshop....the reason......i have 500 gallons of it ...kindly donated by the SIL when they moved here....nice to be warm on those cold winter nights , and work can continue unabated .
18 January 2017, 17:29,
RE: Mid winter equipment check
Hey SS, I a still discovering things in hiding places from my last move.

That was 8 years ago. Eventually I will have it sorted out.