Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like the shooting's started
7 April 2017, 02:55,
Looks like the shooting's started
Looks like things have started. USA just hit Syria with 40+ cruise missiles. Iran backs Syria, and N. Korea's "crazy fat kid" is looking for a time to launch a preemptive strike. The US Congress goes on "spring break" tomorrow, Passover and Easter are coming up, and today is the 100th anniversary of the US entry into WWI.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 April 2017, 07:41,
RE: Looks like the shooting's started
The jury just returned their verdict on Trump ...yet another puppet for the deep state , a total sell out not only the the people of America but all people on earth.

Looks like Prime minister May is tagging along with Trump so we also have been sold out.

What ever happened to Integrity ?.

Double up on your preps ...if you have money in the banking system GET IT ALL OUT NOW
Wake Up ....it has indeed started as JP says.
7 April 2017, 16:19,
This is a horrible decision to bomb Syria. It works against our interests in the region.

Assad is a stern dictator. His dad was infamous for razing defiant towns and salting the earth. Literally. I have no doubt that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Assad was a pain in the ass with our operations in western Iraq as he did nothing to stop Sunni foreign support from flowing into Q-west and Ramadi. That said, we could never prove he was complicit either; and we went to great lengths to seek evidence. It's just wasn't there. So, while he wasn't helpful he also wasn't opposing U.S. forces by supporting our adversaries. At worst, he was neutral. Still, he is a bad guy and I wouldn't put genocide beyond limits for him.

I don't care if Assad gassed civilians or the insurgents did it and blamed govt. wouldn't be the first time that insurgents perpetrated a horrible attack on civilians and attributed it to govt forces. Pro-Saddam insurgents and Maliki forces both did it to US when I was in Iraq. It's the Arab way.

Weakening Assad strengthens Hezbollah and by extension Iran. Hezbollah is the major Iranian proxy in Syria (and a big reason Assad didn't stop Sunni foreign support). Iran controls the south east oil region in Iraq and would like to book-end that control on the west side as a way to limit Sunni influence and box in the Kurds. So harming Assad actually works agains US interests by helping Iran.

Icing on the cake is that people are crowing about the great deal Boeing made to sell airliners to Iran. The optics of these two events are awful in light of the Obama deal in nuclear sanctions with Iran.

Conclusion. The administration is either deliberately supporting Iran or senior leaders are misled by Obama holdovers in our civil service. Either way, the current administration look like amateurs and will be punished politically and maybe dragged into a needless war.

Opinion. This is classic HR McMaster. He acts from a desire to be a heroic leader. He rarely thinks through the implications and downstream consequences of actions. Very tactical; not strategic at all. He plays checkers very well, but couldn't describe chess (metaphorically speaking). I'm not saying he's a bad man because he isn't. He's just not a good strategic thinker or leader; a consequence of his tactical excellence and training as a tactical historian. He just doesn't have good instincts for secondary effects.

Iran is the real threat. Not ISIS, Iran. It's playing out in real time.

ISIS is a threat, but not existential in the way Iran is. ISIS will kill westerners in small groups and subvert our culture.

Iran has a proud history of destroying western nations and seeks to revive that glory by eradicating the west; as a nation they will soon have the ability to do so in more than one way. Nuclear blackmail is obvious. Less obvious is choking off energy flows to bankrupt the west, coupled with subversion in the UN and national politics of the west. There is much more detail for both, with many branch plans available to them.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 April 2017, 16:21,
Above is a quote from a serving officer who is a personal friend who emailed to me.

I stripped off the headers as a courtesy.

I never served in Iraq, my service was of an earlier generation.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 April 2017, 17:48,
I find it amusing, yes amusing, that the entire world can condemn an action and demand that someone do something about it until someone actually takes action.

Assad is nothing and the only importance he holds is that he remained in place long enough for the Russians to occupy his little patch of sand by the sea. That was the scream against the Obama administration in the early days, they did not do enough, they let Assad get away with crimes against humanity!

This surgical strike should have taken place 5 years ago.

It appears that the world media is in the perfect position, damn Trump if he does and damn Trump if he does nothing.

We will now see how badly the Russians wanted a port on the Mediterranean.
7 April 2017, 18:00,
Personally I am suffering from Syria fatigue. I don't give a toss what happens in the area. I think they should be left to sort themselves out. No aid, no interference. With a bit of luck they will wipe themselves off the map.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
9 April 2017, 22:37,
Russia marking threatening noises although they may be just noises. But they have said that if Trump gets his dick out again, it will cross -their- red line

Meanwhile fleet sails for Korea and Trump has two telephone calls today with the PM of Japan.

I agree with the sentiment - start doubling up on preps --- certainly if it starts going Tango Uniform this coming week, then consider taking your cash out of the banks, leaving enough for your standing orders/direct debits

Tally Ho
9 April 2017, 22:40,
More news 7 hours ago

--
Russian TV: "The world's at a highly dangerous point..No one's about to declare war on the US, but we can't leave this without a response."
--

from reuters 2 hours ago

Russian naval activity in Europe exceeds Cold War levels: U.S. admiral http://reut.rs/2oVSE24
10 April 2017, 08:39,
(7 April 2017, 16:19)CharlesHarris Wrote: Iran is the real threat. Not ISIS, Iran. It's playing out in real time.

ISIS is a threat, but not existential in the way Iran is. ISIS will kill westerners in small groups and subvert our culture.

Iran has a proud history of destroying western nations and seeks to revive that glory by eradicating the west; as a nation they will soon have the ability to do so in more than one way. Nuclear blackmail is obvious. Less obvious is choking off energy flows to bankrupt the west, coupled with subversion in the UN and national politics of the west. There is much more detail for both, with many branch plans available to them.

There is no unity in Islam - their talk of an "ummah" is bullshit. There are 2 main groups - Sunni and Shia - who have been killing each other for centuries, but each of these groups, particularly Sunni Islam, is split into many other groups. One of these other groups is Ahmadiyya Islam, who in the UK regularly do peace marches and protest against ISIS - other Sunni Muslims hate them and they are constantly under threat of violence and death - the shopkeeper murdered in Glasgow for wishing his neighbours Happy Easter was an Ahmadiyya. I mention this small group because I have always found them to be wonderful people devoid of any trait or leaning that is incompatible with Western culture.

ISIS, Saudi, Al Qaeda - they're all Salafists (more or less synonymous with the term Wahhabis), a sub group of Sunni Islam that accounts for about 15% of all Muslims (1.5b x 15% = 225million). The most important part of their beliefs after the Pillars of Islam is "al wara wal bara", which translates as "love who allah loves, hate who allah hates". Muslims everywhere are being taught, funded by Saudi Arabian oil money, that it is their religious duty to hate who allah hates - who is everyone except Salafists. This phrase is absolutely not about hating the sin not the sinner, it is very specific about hating the sinner. This is the overriding reason why Islamic terrorism is so ugly and prevalent - Salafists believe that allah has commanded them to hate the non-believer, with all that entails for encouraging the worst violence. Not all Salafists are violent, but all Nazis didn't personally kill a Jew either. Salafism disgusts me, and the mounting horror I felt when I first discovered their creed (posing as a young muslim on a salafist forum several years ago) is still with me.

The Taliban, by the way, are Deobandi, another Sunni sub-group. They have the same abhorrant views about women and the West, but don't believe hatred to be a key part of being a Muslims from what I can see. They have deep views of hospitality, which is why they sheltered Osama bin Laden (a Salafist) from the US even though Salafists and Deobandis were/are hostile to each other. Then the US screwed up by making the Deobandis their enemies by bombing the Taliban to get Osama back, rather than working their way through the intricasies of that region's hospitality customs by diplomacy.

My point is, I disagree that Shia Islam (Iran) is the real threat. They are very much a threat to Israel through their patronage of Hezbollah, but even so a huge number of Iranians are Western in their outlook and desperate to rejoin civilisation. Like all Muslim nations there are secularists desperate to throw off the yoke of their stifling religion, but they are losing the battle, notably in Turkey and in other places where the Arab Spring died a death. In Iran I think though there may be light at the end of the tunnel. I'd also say that Shia Muslims in Western countries are almost all very secular, possibly because they're in our countries because they've been chased out of Muslim countries for being too secular (conjecture).

The real threat imho is Salafism, the religion of hatred. It is a cancer at the heart of Sunni Islam. Once Muslims adhere to their creed, that it is their duty to hate, it's a short step to acts of terror.

I could go on and on but I won't. Sorry that was so long, but it was pertinent to the reasons survivalism and prepping are important to me, and to this thread.