Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cute As A Speckeled Puppy
27 April 2017, 05:30,
RE: Cute As A Speckeled Puppy
Thank you for that very well thought out reply Mort.The one thing that was swaying me towards the Cooey was the simplicity of the action.Fewer moving parts mean fewer things to go wrong.Also the ease of being able to break the gun down for concealment and carry was a consideration.Thinking more of a tool for harvesting game I was drawn to the Cooey.The single shot wasn't too much of a worry for me for that role.
I agree with your reasoning though.If law and order suffered a major breakdown I
27 April 2017, 05:44,
Thank you for that very well thought out reply Mort.The one thing that was swaying me towards the Cooey was the simplicity of the action.Fewer moving parts mean fewer things to go wrong.Also the ease of being able to break the gun down for concealment and carry was a consideration.Thinking more of a tool for harvesting game I was drawn to the Cooey.The single shot wasn't too much of a worry for me for that role.
I agree with your reasoning though.If law and order suffered a major breakdown I would want the ability for quick backup shots.If the mossberg is more reliable than the single shot in your opinion then the choice is made.
Oh and my apologies for hijacking your thread.
27 April 2017, 16:22,
This hijack was not a problem Talon, just a small diversion of interest, and when was the last time a thread on SUK was not hijacked, usually by the third post.

I did consider starting a new thread.

The more I study the British laws the more I realize they are viewed by the population like American gun laws, most folks really do not know what they say or understand compliance, or what can be done to meet compliance.
27 April 2017, 20:00,
I like the idea of shooting practical shotgun but all the comp's/shoots seem to be weekends , sadly I work 3 out of 4 weekends , my nearest club is about 40 miles away but there is a BWSS action shooting club a little closer in Liverpool which I fancy , they compete mainly at weekends but practice is midweek so although I wouldn't get to compete regularly at least I would get to a little bit with much more practice available , BWSS is the british western shooting society , cowboy action shooting just don't fancy the dressing up and assuming a persona lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 May 2017, 05:29,
Don't want to do the persona?

Hey! you get on the computer and discuss imaginary disaster scenarios using a screen name instead of your real one.

What's the big difference with putting on boots, jeans and a flannel shirt and letting Midnitemo shoot the cowboy guns?
4 May 2017, 21:30,
Being a cowpoke in Montana absolutely in Liverpool no thanks
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!