Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenfel Tower Amnesty
5 September 2017, 09:56,
RE: Grenfel Tower Amnesty
(5 September 2017, 07:15)Lightspeed Wrote: I think the point is to not put all of your eggs in one basket. A bug in strategy is fine, but we need to remember its almost impossible to set up an impregnable fortress that could resist fire.

Can you explain your all eggs in one basket meaning when it comes to being burnt out please.
Keith.
Do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you; for they are a breed apart and make no sense. Natty Bumpo, Last Of The Mohicans.
5 September 2017, 15:46,
It means that you have your preps stored in several places in the hope that not all of them will be found or destroyed.

I keep some of my gear at home and some gear in other locations so it can be retrieved if my home is blown away by the big tornadoes we have over here, or by a situation like the flooding in the hurricane we are now experiencing over here. Either situation would force one to leave, but not for long.

Fire is not one of my primary concerns. Not even at the hands of the Golden Horde. That fear seems to be a bit stronger in you folks than it is over here.
5 September 2017, 15:59,
Exactly, eggs in one basket, was meant to be an analogy for having only a bug-in plan..... if the house gets burned down with it would go all the preps.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 September 2017, 21:59,
Thing is most all humans can produce and create FIRE ....in a shtf scenario i suspect it would be one of the most used WEAPONS to get your hands on and use ....close up and at a distance .....wind or bow n arrow ...very formidable very easy and loads of damage and very demoralising against any recipient ....in fact a great tactic ! and you only need two brain cells to achieve your goal.....even just to spite the guy that just told you to f..k off before he blows you away with his 12 gauge aimed at you sticking out his bedroom window ......there really cannot be anyone on this forum that has not got hidden caches in other locations in case of a BO situation ....can there ?....NO SS not a chance !
5 September 2017, 22:20,
Caches elsewhere are all very good, but IF you have decided to bug in in the city, & you get burnt out, then you are most likely dead & won't get to use those caches. That was the point of my post, & why I did not understand the analogy of not keeping all your eggs in one basket!
Keith.
Do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you; for they are a breed apart and make no sense. Natty Bumpo, Last Of The Mohicans.
5 September 2017, 22:58,
Keith with all due respect....one of the first things i learnt after joining this forum ...was the important rules of survival plans involving backup cache fall backs when bugging out ,along with strategically placed supplies on route to a BOL and ways to achieve modes of transporting you and yours to your desired destination .....the question here is timing...who would want to really leave a bug in location....nobody ! ....stay in a city and defend what you have.....you will be dead pretty damn quick.....countryside you stand more of a chance imho...but still not easy ....the main ingredient here is knowing when to leave it all behind..that decision can only be yours to make ....early would be good ....late could well be your undoing .....what a dilemma...there were lots of posts and debate about this very subject.....take a look at NORTHERNRAIDERS threads and posts.
6 September 2017, 08:16,
(5 September 2017, 22:58)Straight Shooter Wrote: Keith with all due respect....one of the first things i learnt after joining this forum ...was the important rules of survival plans involving backup cache fall backs when bugging out ,along with strategically placed supplies on route to a BOL and ways to achieve modes of transporting you and yours to your desired destination .....the question here is timing...who would want to really leave a bug in location....nobody ! ....stay in a city and defend what you have.....you will be dead pretty damn quick.....countryside you stand more of a chance imho...but still not easy ....the main ingredient here is knowing when to leave it all behind..that decision can only be yours to make ....early would be good ....late could well be your undoing .....what a dilemma...there were lots of posts and debate about this very subject.....take a look at NORTHERNRAIDERS threads and posts.

Sorry mate but this is drivel. You are either not reading my post, or you are ignoring what I have said just so you can say something. I did not say that caches were not sensible, I said that if your mind is made up to bug in, what is the point of caches.

Look, don't bother, this is bloody silly & I really can't be bothered to make any more replies to stupid comments. I am out of here.
Best of luck everyone.
Keith.
6 September 2017, 09:25,
I am sorry to hear that Keith.....not the drivel bit ...i do lots of drivel...but you being out of here seems a bit harsh on other members who could learn from you, including me.....tell you what Keith.... i will not even reply to any future posts you make ...would that do it...this is no slight or joking about or sarcasm, please do not leave on my account SS.
6 September 2017, 15:07,
Guys I am Well confused here.... but that doesn't take much.

I raised this to discuss rationale of letting illegal immigrants prolong their time legally in the UK, with the help of ambulance chasing compensation lawyers.

We diverted to bug-in vs bug-out is a quite confusing way.

Kieth, stay on board here if you can. Your experience and expertise is worth its weight. Good old SS is a dumb Wesh F*** at times but he's a deadly serious prepper with lots of first hand experience, and by no means a troll.

On the B-I Vs BO debate, My preferred strategy is BI, but with some resources cached here and there as a last chance insurance policy.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580