Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from birmingham
20 September 2017, 12:56,
Hello from birmingham
Hello like minded peoples.
A little about me and mine. I'm 50+ my partner and I have 4 children who keep us very busy. We like outdoors although other commitments hamper us spending the time their of late.
Interests ,well I'm a biker I fish a little mostly now only holidaying in highlands and I eat what I catch not for sport.
I have been in to air guns ,archery camping ,used to rebuild cars bikes and used to do most all my own vehicle maintenance ,back aches and old injuries tell me to leave the jobs now to younger more willing bods.but I keep my hand in.
I have done a little cb from 70s to 90s and kept my gear as well as adding to it somewhat last few years just in case as others we know have simular comms for off roading.

Used to cover emergency aid for work ,but not recently I may need a refresher.

I am a little bit of a squirrel and my excuse I make for it is ,just in case I need it.
I have always had a be prepared mind set .
Several months food supply water lots of kit but still need to sort out solar and 12v bank.,aware of local sources food water,living right on edge of countryside here which is helpful in some ways.

In honesty I would rather be further away getting a better head start against future concerns that I have.but presently commitments are against us some.

I see plenty reasons to be here and do what we do.
Just a few ,I see a harder future for our children than was ours not just financially but for them seeing a good future ahead of them with all the negatives around the world last decade or more recently.
Terrorism threat to our water and utilities and our way of life.
Banks and financial collapse likely .
We all know it could happen to what extent I don't know but like with all my preps they give us some security ,a head start and a little buffer against harder times.

I did a little guest visit and liked what I saw ,credit to the admin and forum users contributions.
Will enjoy a good mooch around and hope I can contribute as I go along.
Thank you for letting me join in.
All the best
Easy
20 September 2017, 13:50,
RE: Hello from birmingham
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you are a handy person to keep around. Plenty here for you to learn from.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 September 2017, 14:29,
Hello and welcome from South Wales,sounds like you are a fair way down the path "Easy"
....sold my bike a few years back ...and still regret it.
20 September 2017, 16:14,
Welcome Easy. New here myself but a good site and worth a look if only for the excellent write ups, information and lists.
20 September 2017, 16:26,
Hello and welcome from Norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
20 September 2017, 19:35,
Yes, welcome to the Forum from another resident of Norfolk. You sound pretty clued up. Hope you can give us all some tips.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 September 2017, 21:31,
Thank you all for the welcome . I am still learning I doubt I will ever stop .remembering it all is the difficulty hey.
Thank you again.
Atb Easy