Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi to all
15 October 2017, 13:33,
Hi to all
Thank god Im not paranoid as family and friends think, finding out there are more out there that think the same as me, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Im here in West Yorkshire - North Yorkshire border and open to chat with others with the same mindset as me.
15 October 2017, 16:54,
RE: Hi to all
Hello and welcome GG from South Wales
15 October 2017, 18:58,
Welcome to the Forum. You are definitely not paranoid!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 October 2017, 11:51,
Hello and Welcome. Plenty of stuff here to keep you busy for a while.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 October 2017, 14:36,
Grey Ghost, you have chosen a worthy screen name which honours John Singleton Mosby of the Army of Northern Virginia during what the elder members of my family still call "the war of Northern Aggression."

Some of us here are in the USA, but are here to observe and learn from a different perspective, and to contribute when we feel that what we have to say is of general interest and applicable also in the UK.

Watching the terrible fires in California, and living in a forest in the mid-Atlantic Appalachians, we could potentially be affected by wildfires in a dry year, but fortunately not to the extent those poor souls do at the mercy of the el Diablo storms in NorCal.

The takeaway is to have a grad & go evac bag always packed and ready to go if you must in a moment's notice. I was generally OK, but have since rethought that prep, and my former business travel carry-on trolley is now kept under the bed, ready to roll, and not stashed in a closet with important items, such as passport and cash missing...

Welcome aboard and peruse the archives, a treasure trove of information. Being prepared is not paranoid.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 October 2017, 21:04,
Ahhh, the Grey Ghost, J.S. Mosbey.

Lots of folks do not realize that after the War, with the repressive military dictatorship in place in the southern States, many former Confederate soldiers left for a better life in the west.

J.S. Mosbey was one of them. He moved to California, bought a farm and lived out his days.

As he aged he spent more and more time visiting neighbors and sitting around talking about the old days and telling "war stories" about swift raids, mobile warfare, and the basis of southern cavalry tactics.

One of his most attentive neighbors was a young man named Gorge Patton. Latter to become addressed as General Patton.

I believe he spent some time in England back during WW2.

My own ancestors came from the Yorkshire area, more than 300 years ago. I think there are still some hanging around those parts.

Good to have new folks around to ask new questions, or even old ones over again.
17 October 2017, 04:59,
Fantastic to hear of this group.. thanks for accepting me. Lets face it.. it going to happen. I just worry about my grandkids
17 October 2017, 09:39,
Gazkill,

Same here and they are being brought up to be as non PC as I can get away with. Causes problems at school though and raises our profile. Sad
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 October 2017, 10:04,
Welcome to the forum, friend! You are not alone.
6 November 2017, 23:58,
Hi all
I am of the cold war generation, and have always been aware of the need to be prepared for any eventuality, as no government has ever seen fit to protect and provide for the population, which is the first duty of any government.
To this end I have tried to be fairly self sufficient, camping holidays, hill walking and shooting (pistol-loading my own ammunition) were my hobbies.
I try to add to my preps each week every little helps, as you know prepping can be a full time job.
Keep up the friendly chat guys, you’re an inspiration to us newbies.