Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuletide Greetings/Merry Christmas
21 December 2017, 18:17,
Yuletide Greetings/Merry Christmas
To you all. Have a great holiday.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
21 December 2017, 18:34,
RE: Yuletide Greetings/Merry Christmas
Same here Mary and to one and all..... Merry Christmas ! Peace and Love !
22 December 2017, 11:07,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. This is one of the few times we have to relax with everything going on in the US, Poland and other EU countries we can look forward to a lot of political upheaval next year.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 December 2017, 19:00,
SD it is Christmas and you worry too much!

Not one damn thing you can do about the U.S., Poland or the EU.

Not one thing you can do about GB either.

From the lack of activity on the forum apparently no one is doing a thing about anything, except for SS and he is not really prepping for the end of the world, just the next stroke from overwork.

Come out of the bunker, throw open the shutters, throw up the sash and look for old Kris Kringle streaking through the skies. Go through that pile of MREs and find the turkey and stuffing one, open it and have Christmas.
24 December 2017, 11:08,
MB,

Thanks for the thought but I don't worry that much about these things. I find them interesting and am pleased with the changes.

From what I can see SS is doing what he wants to do as is everyone else. Myself I've done as much as I can and am coasting atm. Just pottering about with the land and the house and spending time with the kids.

I'm all set up for Xmas and my biggest concern at the moment is if I kill myself by eating too much turkey tomorrow. Followed by can I find that Bitcoin data that I mined several several years ago and cash it in before it crashes. I must have nearly one bitcoin on there which was worth almost a whole 10p back then. Now several dummies have remortgaged their houses to 'invest' in bitcoin so I can see a potential here for increasing my cash.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 December 2017, 12:08,
Followed by can I find that Bitcoin data that I mined several several years ago and cash it in before it crashes. I must have nearly one bitcoin on there which was worth almost a whole 10p back then. Now several dummies have remortgaged their houses to 'invest' in bitcoin so I can see a potential here for increasing my cash
..........................................................................................................
SD cash it in ! buy physical gold and silver coins. MB i am taking things easy and winding down ....hell i'm even singing rock ballads to wild child .....who is currently vomiting over the top of the deck handrail .....she is overcome with my constant ....your once,twice, three times a lady and i fucking love you (welsh version)...so into Christmas we go again doing what most families do, we are not that different .....just a bit wilder !.
25 December 2017, 19:48,
Christmas over here today and the ground is white with new snow. First time in a decade that I can remember, possibly longer.

My little lane is very quiet today. Not much traffic and I will not add to it with the temps at -10 and a good wind blowing.

No big meal planned for me. No one to share it with today and I am not allowed to overindulge while trying to control all the freekin' health factors.

Bummer!

I will sit in front of the electric fire and contemplate my belly button, alternative history, and decide if the universe is stringy or loopy.
25 December 2017, 20:47,
There will always be a welcome for you here MB at the homestead to share in a well cooked meal ,a good roaring fire,homemade sloe gin , blackberry wine and some beer....and our pleasure just to have you around ! ...wild child sends love and wishes you well ! ....i will leave our transporter turned on just in case you want to take us up....P.S bring your strat ...we'll jam some blues.
25 December 2017, 22:29,
Well now, if I were to bring a stringed instrument it would wind up being one like you never saw.

I am the possessor of a Tele-Strat!

A Stratocaster body with Telecaster pickups.

It was made when I acquired a bashed and useless Telecaster and cannibalized its innards to install inside a Strat that was on its last legs electronically.

But if you want to play some blues I do have a nice dobro that whines and moans like a lovesick hound dog. My late wife bought that for me our second year married. She used to love sitting and knitting while I played senseless cord patterns and melodies.

She would ask "that was pretty, what was it?" and I would say I had never heard it before and probably could never do it again.

Just music for the moment.

She bought me that one and a nice Ovation acoustic/electric and a mandolin as well. Christmases three years running.

One year I made her a mountain dulcimer which she enjoyed very much. I still have that in the back room with all the other memories. I did slip a nice watch under the tree that year, just in case she never mastered the instrument.
25 December 2017, 23:07,
Had to sell my telecaster .....that's why i play drums.....but there again i am still SHIT..... but being at the back has its good points ......the three bastards out front take most of the incoming....i never mic up the kit ....it just pisses them off even more.....death threats have subsided substantially......they now have a drum machine.