Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of "airing"
7 February 2018, 17:31,
RE: In need of "airing"
(7 February 2018, 11:45)MaryN Wrote: Ahhh, boys and their toys!

What else matters?

Most men get into survival and prepping for the toys. The rest of it is unbearably dull.

After all, we all die eventually, so no one actually "survives".

It's the guy that dies with the most toys that wins!
7 February 2018, 20:27,
Marooned in the cottage:

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
153 PM EST Wed Feb 7 2018

MDZ003-501-502-WVZ051-052-072100-/O.CON.KLWX.WS.W.0002.000000T0000Z-180207T2100Z/
Washington-Extreme Western Allegany-Central and Eastern Allegany-Morgan-Berkeley-
153 PM EST Wed Feb 7 2018

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Freezing rain. Additional ice accumulations less than one tenth of an inch. Total ice accumulations of one- quarter to one-half inch are expected.

* WHERE...Western Maryland and eastern West Virginia.

* WHEN...Until 4 PM EST this afternoon.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Power outages and tree damage are possible due to the ice. Untreated surfaces will be ice
covered and slippery. Travel will be impacted. So if you need to travel, allow plenty of extra time to get to your
destination. Be prepared for reduced visibility at times. Be careful walking because untreated walkways will be icy.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 February 2018, 22:08,
Stay by the fire and get out the Jack Daniels.
7 February 2018, 22:30,
More likely a tot of the Pusser's...

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
7 February 2018, 23:00,
I’m on the Glenmorangie.
8 February 2018, 06:17,
Woke up this morning to everything coated with 1/2" of ice.

Temps never broke freezing all day.

I noted that the postman did not stop at my box so I never left the house.
8 February 2018, 17:24,
Same here. Lost AC mains yesterday, Genny has been running. Potomac Edison crew is out the neighborhood working, so should be back up later today. Both cats curled up at the hearth happily, listening to BBC news on West Virginia Public Broadcasting http://wvpublic.org/#stream/0

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
9 February 2018, 16:15,
H/D Rain last night ...snow flurries about 9 am ....then beautiful sunshine all day ,took a trip down to hospital to visit a friend ....i must say....its nothing like you guys have over the pond ....but i do love reading your accounts of what you call normal...i noticed the off roaders turn into main roaders just because of 5mm of snow that's not even sticking.....winches front and rear ,snorkels,big spot lights and snow chains hanging from the front bull bar....yeah right !
12 February 2018, 13:18,
As predicted my Dragon rally was a tempestuous affair , snow , rain , hailstones ,sub zero temps , galeforce winds was pretty gnarly , I opted to take a small tubular camp bed as I suspected wherever we ended up was going to be waterlogged and boy was it! , my second smart move was to ride in wellies , that paid of too , so my Dragon was much less traumatic than most every body else's, roll on next year....check out the pics at Conwy mcc website
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 January 2019, 09:50,
A lot of which the local sheeple havn't a clue that its all food. https://phenq-reviews.com/australia/