Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
31 March 2018, 19:11,
RE: UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
(30 March 2018, 15:29)BradRadical Wrote: I would say it's pretty much true for more than the average person.

Society are so reliant upon the very system that, in a catastrophic happening, will crash and burn.

So now you have turned one question into to two questions:

What do you do about your own prepping decisions?

What do you do about the unprepared society you will be dealing with?

I really do feel that outrage at the government for this situation is a bit much. There is no way the British government can stockpile a one or two year food reserve! A one month reserve would probably bankrupt the economy and sink the island.

Some would say it is not really their job to ensure you have all the beans and turnips you need for an indefinite period of time. It s the job of the individual.

It is not as if this has not been addressed by the government before, there was WW1 and WW2, with blockades and rationing, but that was 75-100 years ago and surely will not happen again, Correct?

Besides, after that last war they realized that food was not a concern. The nuclear bombs would kill everyone and food would not be a concern for those not inside the Parliamentary bomb shelters.

So, whachagonnado now?

That is the #1 prepper question.
31 March 2018, 19:56,
Soylent Green Is People.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
2 April 2018, 15:19,
a nuclear war is not the only possible scenario, after all we have M.A.D.-mutually assured destruction, nobody wins in a nuclear war.
there are many other possible events that will decimate the supermarket shelves without necessarily killing everyone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2018, 21:12,
Oh! BP is around! We thought you were off somewhere running a forum.

OK, there are a lot of events that can empty the shelves.

So what do you do about it?

Who has the job to worry and how many does one worry about?
3 April 2018, 08:11,
i'm running a couple of forums me old mucker!
"who has the job to worry and how many does one worry about"?
my only "duty" is to see that me and mine Survive, its not my job to feed the ones that couldn't be bothered to do it themselves, but spent all their money on exotic foreign holidays and the latest gizmo or gadget.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2018, 14:05,
How selfishly noble!

Only concerned with oneself while guiding others on their journey.

Oh well...
3 April 2018, 14:19,
(3 April 2018, 14:05)Mortblanc Wrote: How selfishly noble!

Only concerned with oneself while guiding others on their journey.

Oh well...

it isn't physically possible to prepare for everybody, if one tried to do that you either need a warehouse full of food-which would cost you a fortune- or you'd be feeding others from your family's stockpile and pretty soon you'd be the ones starving with no food having been eaten out of house and home.
preparing begins at home and if people cant be bothered that's their choice.
3 April 2018, 14:57,
Hummm,

OK, no obligation from anyone, to anyone, for anything.

Now we are all straightened out on that. No food stores for non-family and no public sector help.

So except for disability, old age pension, unemployment benefits, NHS, health and safety and housing the government owes no one anything concerning their survival?
4 April 2018, 13:51,
It is the responsibility of the government to protect the people.

That includes from all the events listed in the “National Risk Register" the government publishes.

They take our money in taxes to do so.

We all know they can’t, so we prepare ourselves to the best of our ability to look after our own, our immediate family, not our neighbours.

How is that selfish?.
4 April 2018, 17:14,
Getting back to the original thread, Yes i do think that many in the UK could not last for a couple of days before social unrest kicked off ....empty shelves was a reality a few weeks back ....just a bit of snow....and yet there we idiots trying to reach super markets looking to buy food ? after warnings all over the papers,radio,TV and internet ....if you have a bit of emergency money stashed by you would be able to mitigate the problem ...short term ....super markets work on a 72 hour turn around ....they resupply from giant holding areas and feed many of their stores from there, i have told you that i heard of a fight breaking out over one loaf of bread in our local Sainsburys ....many people struggle to put meals on the table (in so called good times ) around here ....austerity is here alright in South Wales....but for some reason they have money for fags and cheap strong lager and a bountiful supply of attitude ....on the other hand there are plenty of people 50 ish that keep a good pantry and then there's us....well prepared.........when tshtf and a young couple with two young children come a knocking on my door and start begging for food ...just for the kids....my head will say no sorry we have nothing ourselves....think is .....your hart needs to be in sync......i wonder what i would really do...open the flood gates as the word got about? tough one ....but you would risk all you have including your family humanity starts at home .