Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We know everything!
10 June 2018, 02:33,
We know everything!
I was just looking down through the forum and saw that there were no posts for over a week anywhere.

Some of our sections have not had a post in over a year!

No questions, no advice.

It is now official, we must know everything about everything!
10 June 2018, 15:14,
RE: We know everything!
(10 June 2018, 02:33)Mortblanc Wrote: I was just looking down through the forum and saw that there were no posts for over a week anywhere.

Some of our sections have not had a post in over a year!

No questions, no advice.

It is now official, we must know everything about everything!

Maybe everyone is just quietly getting on with their preps MB, or just using this great archive to focus on what we need to do.
10 June 2018, 17:48,
I know .....MB ................i have single highhandedly pissed members off making jam, growing veg and telling bad jokes ....there's talk of therapists starting use my posts to cure sleeplessness disorders .
10 June 2018, 18:39,
(10 June 2018, 15:14)Pete Grey Wrote:
(10 June 2018, 02:33)Mortblanc Wrote:

Maybe everyone is just quietly getting on with their preps MB, or just using this great archive to focus on what we need to do.

Goodness Pete, you just joined in 2017 and we had just barely gotten rid of the maniac crew by then.

If you are going into the archives for information half of that stuff was issued by two or three lunatics that have been banned as trolls by the entire internet!

Never take survival advice from someone that can not grow a tomato plant, requires surgery to repair damage done themselves by cocking a crossbow, or lives on benefits in a council flat and weighs more than 25 stone.
11 June 2018, 08:38,
MB that was harsh but it made me laugh
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
11 June 2018, 09:52,
I feel almost miffed! I was quietly getting on with things; growing, bottling, preserving and getting some extra water storage sorted out. At least I don't qualify under any of MB's above criteria!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
11 June 2018, 15:46,
(10 June 2018, 18:39)Mortblanc Wrote:
(10 June 2018, 15:14)Pete Grey Wrote: [quote='Mortblanc' pid='102326' dateline='1528594380']

Goodness Pete, you just joined in 2017 and we had just barely gotten rid of the maniac crew by then.

If you are going into the archives for information half of that stuff was issued by two or three lunatics that have been banned as trolls by the entire internet!

Never take survival advice from someone that can not grow a tomato plant, requires surgery to repair damage done themselves by cocking a crossbow, or lives on benefits in a council flat and weighs more than 25 stone.

That’s a good one MB, i always question any “advice”, does it make sense, is it relevant and would it work for me, i usually check the profile of the person posting then to see if they’re still using the forum, i agree some posts are suspect and some could be dangerous.
12 June 2018, 20:16,
If only it was so. I've imparted all I could think of and built up the site as much as I could. All I'm really doing is sorting the file areas and adding as much as I can.

Always happy if people have contributions they want to make.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 June 2018, 20:50,
I often wonder where members have gone or ended up.....do they see no further relevance in prepping ? or have become bored with it all ...or no longer feel the need ....or they have gleaned enough knowledge and have all the preps they need and are fully prepared and all bases covered....i suppose all of the above may well apply .....but it is and remains a pleasure to talk to like minded souls that stick around and still participate .....even when we get pissed with one another now and then.
12 June 2018, 22:07,
Yes SS i also wonder where some of the old contributors have gone, some who have made hundreds of posts.

I know some people were rather “imaginative” in their posts, and if you find a post that is obviously BS, it just might have one small thing that is relevant to our needs. I never take any post as gospel and will always find other opinions from different sources.

I find any replies to my posts constructive, so if/when i am incorrect please let me know this is why i joined the forum. You never stop learning in life.